My panther chameleon might be dying

So I posted a while ago about my 5 year old panther chameleon, Sadly however I think he's getting ready to die, he is about 6 ish now and he has just walked himself down to the base of his enclosure he hasn't eaten anything in a few days and he had a lot to drink a few day ago as well but he is not interested in anything anymore, I've tried to feed him and lift him to his dripper to drink, nothing. He doesn't huff or get angry if I lift or move him, and he seems to be getting weaker, but he seems very content where he is, a few days ago he was still walking around happily I don't know whether he is just at his time or if I can do anything for him, I don't want him to starve himself to death but he seems content where he is, any advice?

Don't you have two chameleons? Can they see each other?
What's the basking temperature?
It might help if you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum or cut and past it from another post if nothing has changed.

I’m sorry to hear he’s not well. You should probably have a vet check to be sure nothings wrong. If it’s his time then I hope he goes quietly with no pain! He’s lived a long time and you’ve done well by him.

Don't you have two chameleons? Can they see each other?
What's the basking temperature?
It might help if you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum or cut and past it from another post if nothing has changed.
I had a massive change to his viv to improve his quality of living which was the last post I made everything seems to be fine, also my other cham passed earlier this year due to kidney failure but they were in separate rooms, the general temp in his viv is between 28 and 30 in the day and 23-27 at night he was eating and drinking fine before but I will call the vets incase it might be something else, he's sleeping through the day and is just generally exhausted

I’m sorry to hear he’s not well. You should probably have a vet check to be sure nothings wrong. If it’s his time then I hope he goes quietly with no pain! He’s lived a long time and you’ve done well by him.
thanks as I said he's around 6 ish I got him when he was 4 and a half. He's really grumpy but lovely, I will call the vet just to see if there is anything I can do for him

I had a massive change to his viv to improve his quality of living which was the last post I made everything seems to be fine, also my other cham passed earlier this year due to kidney failure but they were in separate rooms, the general temp in his viv is between 28 and 30 in the day and 23-27 at night he was eating and drinking fine before but I will call the vets incase it might be something else, he's sleeping through the day and is just generally exhausted
I'm sorry you're going through this! I'd still go to a vet to make sure he doesn't pass from something that could've been treated, in case he's sick and not dying of old age. His nighttime temps are abit high, as well.

I'm sorry you're going through this! I'd still go to a vet to make sure he doesn't pass from something that could've been treated, in case he's sick and not dying of old age. His nighttime temps are abit high, as well.
I had made it cooler before but he always got upset from it, he would wake up really really grumpy and hiss at me more but it usually sits on colder nights at 19-20 but it's been really warm in the uk as of late

Yea 27 at night is way to hot. They don't rest as good and also long term can cause health problems
its between that, at its lowest it sits commonly at 23 for the majority of the night then so it heats up before his morning lights come on it rises to 27 and then his light comes on and his day cycle starts

Back
Top Bottom