My new veiled cham and setup

Pierre Blais

Pierre Blais said:
My veiled cham who is 4 months old seems to be happy in his 4 ft tall terrarium.Around 9am each morning when he wakes up I turn his lights on and he starts moving around. He then starts to explore his 32 sq ft enclosure that has approx. 25 feet of driftwood vines and wood peices to climb.He often comes to the front door when he sees me and when I open the door he wants to come on my arm.For the first 3 weeks he greeted me with open mouth and hisses. His natural enjoyment of coming out on someone's arm is the result of the girl taking care of him at the pet shop was taking him out at least 10 times per day since he was a baby.He seems quite happy since he has resumed doing this.He eats insects,salad and fruits.Here are 2 photos,one of my ccham and one of the terrarium.Please let me know if his color means satisfied or happy and if everything seems ok with my setup. I have had my setupand cham for 3 weeks and have done all I could to give him a good environment. There is one thing missing which I am receiving this week'a water fountain plant drinker.In the meantime I have been vaporizing inside 2 to 3 times per day. Thank You for any information.

Attachments

• 20191206_170349.jpg
    20191206_170349.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 98
Pierre Blais said:
My veiled cham who is 4 months old seems to be happy in his 4 ft tall terrarium.Around 9am each morning when he wakes up I turn his lights on and he starts moving around. He then starts to explore his 32 sq ft enclosure that has approx. 25 feet of driftwood vines and wood peices to climb.He often comes to the front door when he sees me and when I open the door he wants to come on my arm.For the first 3 weeks he greeted me with open mouth and hisses. His natural enjoyment of coming out on someone's arm is the result of the girl taking care of him at the pet shop was taking him out at least 10 times per day since he was a baby.He seems quite happy since he has resumed doing this.He eats insects,salad and fruits.Here are 2 photos,one of my ccham and one of the terrarium.Please let me know if his color means satisfied or happy and if everything seems ok with my setup. I have had my setupand cham for 3 weeks and have done all I could to give him a good environment. There is one thing missing which I am receiving this week'a water fountain plant drinker.In the meantime I have been vaporizing inside 2 to 3 times per day. Thank You for any information.
welcome to the forums! Congrats on your new Cham! If you’re interested in some constructive criticism on your husbandry, or just some q&a, please let us know.

Is that 32 square feet?
It looks like a Retibreeze xxl. 2x2x4'
I think that's 16sf. But I'm horrible at math.
I'm also new to Veiled Chameleons and I have 2 in that same type cages.

Attachments

• 20191124_191407.jpg
    20191124_191407.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 96
What are those colorful, er, things in his enclosure? More importantly, are they painted? I would worry your chameleon might ingest the paint accidentally when drinking or licking branches for whatever reasons chameleons do that. Even outside that, chameleons often dislike particular colors. I don't think putting a rainbow in the enclosure is a very good idea, personally.

The chameleon is barely visible, so there's not really anything to say from the pattern because we can't see it.

You should have his lights on a timer. Precise light schedules are important for chameleons.

Perhaps most importantly of all, do not use a drinking fountain. They are notoriously dangerous for chameleons. Misting sessions and drippers should be his water source.

Back
Top Bottom