My new setup

wow, what ever cham is going in there, is going to love the foliage. i suggest putting more vines horizontally and vertically throughout the cage for more walkways and basking perches. also, are your only means of offering water going to be through hand misting? i do not see a dripper or misting system which is perfectly fine as long as he stays well hydrated. i would for sure suggest getting a little dripper which you can find about 4-5$

I have a little dripper and 3 different sized bird ladders, i'm just waiting on the sealant to dry and air out on them. My chameleon won't be here until tuesday so after getting my dripper timing down i took it off.

great set up...and looks almost ready for your cham.

guess all you need is the cham:p

what kind of chameleon are you receiving? im guessing either a panther or veiled?

a male veiled from FLChams. All i need is the Cham and a drainage pan, which should be here monday.

Great looking setup. I wouldn't ruin the jungle feel with a "bird ladder". Make something cool out of fake vines or stick!

On a side note, what kind of palm is that?? Looks great!!

my appologies Tyler. looks like your all set to go then :D are you receiving just a normal Veiled? or are you going with morph? Turquoise, high yellow/orange, transbald? Cannot wait to see pics!

it's a dracaena and a dwarf umbrella. i got a pothos as well but it's already pretty crowded in there. I'm sure the chameleon wouldn't mind more foilage but i'm selfish and want to be able to see him every once in awhile yanno, and just the two of those plants keep the average humidity at 55% between misting, around 75-85% just after.

my appologies Tyler. looks like your all set to go then :D are you receiving just a normal Veiled? or are you going with morph? Turquoise, high yellow/orange, transbald? Cannot wait to see pics!

It's a male from the newton bloodline on FLchams site. so i would say he'll eventually be very turquoise and yellow. Hopefully anyway, this'll be my first chameleon, so i'm pretty pumped.

It's a male from the newton bloodline on FLchams site. so i would say he'll eventually be very turquoise and yellow. Hopefully anyway, this'll be my first chameleon, so i'm pretty pumped.

all i can say is take A LOT of pics....doesnt matter good or bad, as long as you take them periodically. you will be amazed by the changes as he grows.

i regret not taking enough pics of my first cham.

Looks great!! I have a question about your thermometers... I saw you have a few different ones.. I actually went to petsmart today looking for a thermometer with a probe. Do you recommend one that you personally think is better?

Looks great!! I have a question about your thermometers... I saw you have a few different ones.. I actually went to petsmart today looking for a thermometer with a probe. Do you recommend one that you personally think is better?

Well i'm currently monitoring temps at 3 different levels of the cage, i have one of the probes right next to the basking area, one probe near the middle of the cage in some foilage and you can see that hydrometer down toward the bottom. I haven't figured out exactly where i want them yet, but the probes seem to be nice because i can monitor the temps from outside the cage. I think i'll end up running some of the probe down a vine with some twist ties and then have them tied to a corner coming out the front of the cage (sorry if that sounds confusing) the probes where like $11-13 but i got that hydrometer for 10 bucks at homedepot, and it monitors humidty and the temp, great investment IMO but there's pros and cons to both. if i could go back i might've gotten 3 hydrometers from homedepot, but i've only been using them for a couple days to monitor temps and humidty so i can't really review their durability.

I'm trying to determine the best way to deal with drainage. Looking into the pan from tikitiki reptiles, any reviews on that or other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom