My New Setup

Josh167

Here's a few quick snaps taken of my ExoTerra setup. Ready for my new baby panther who should arrive on wednesday...finally! :cool:
Sorry for the quality I've only taken them with an iPhone.
What does everyone think?

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 274
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 234
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 239
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 165
I believe people have big success with ExoTerra here in the UK (while young anyway), I've done a lot of research before getting this guy!
I'm getting him from LillyExotics, he's a blue bar ambilobe. Here's a picture of him, he's starting to show a little bit of colour. And the Sire as well, Who's showing a LOT of red!

Attachments

• Panther baby.jpg
    Panther baby.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 147
  • my pics 001.jpg
    my pics 001.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 149
He is going to be amazing but i would also get a screen cage especially when he gets a little older.

Glass and wooden terrariums are fine in colder climates. Just make sure his adult cage has good ventilation! :) I bet he'll look awesome!

Cheers guys, can't wait for him to arrive now, I've been waiting for months! He wont be kept in glass once he's upgraded. You think hes looking fit and healthy?

That is a feeding bowl, right? not a water bowl?

Oh and that kind of bamboo isn't actually bamboo and is toxic so I would get it out of there jst in case he's a muncher.

Yeah it's a feeding bowl, I've got a dripper setup for his water.
Thanks for the heads up I'll take the bamboo things out now. Would never have known! The only other things as you can see, is the ficus plant, vines and just a couple fake plants

Looks good to me =) I would use an exoterra if I had the money because it is so cold and dry here in the winter but I settled for painters drop clothe :p

Glass and wooden terrariums are fine in colder climates. Just make sure his adult cage has good ventilation! :) I bet he'll look awesome!

glass and wooden terrariums are fine in ANY climate and if built properly, provide plenty of airflow.

-Brad

Looks great!!

Like mentioned get rid of the "Bamboo" its called I beleive a lipstick plant and they use them as wanna be bamboo.

Hes cutie and his sire is a Stud Muffin!!

Congratulations on the baby!! Bet Wednesday couldn't get here fast enough ;):D

I know! Like I said I've been waiting for a while and I've had everything just setup waiting for a while too! So I've just been reading this forum a lot finding out everything I'll need to know.

The ficus plant takes up most of the room an there's a lot to climbe on throughout.

I wanted to ask, directly under his basking light, the temp goes up in the high 80's, but this seems to give a good temp in the rest of the setup. Is the basking spot too hot?? It's a 35 watt halogen bulb. I tried 20 watt which wasn't hot enough and even 50 watt (way too hot).

Your right I like the look of a day gecko too. Could be a plan!

My chameleon delivery has been put back a week or so now because of the cold weather! I'm no good at this waiting game...

Back
Top Bottom