My new Reptile Family Member c:

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Tomorrow is a good day! I am going to be getting my first gecko and its a Female Leopard Gecko. Her name is Clementine and Clem for short, I am keeping her name in respect for the previous owner. She is about 2 years old, she was rescued over a year ago from starvation and cold. It has now been a year since she has been saved from her first owner. She seems to be very healthy and I know the current owner personally from when she bought a turtle from me. The leopard gecko is in a 10 gallon tank, with plants, water bowl food dish, hide, heat rock, and substrate. Of course I am taking out the substrate. Thanks to Syn and PrettyInInk87 on these forums they both helped me out! THANKS SYN AND PRETTYININK87!! :).
here are some pictures!

Last edited:
I don't know if it was mentioned to you at all but the heat rock is also a bad idea. :( Unfortunately they are notoriouse for burning reptiles... A heat pad and lamp would be fine. I saw her earlier today and she is a beauty. :) I bet your really excited!

Yeah dump the heat rock asap, its better to not risk it. Also dont feed them in that sand or they will get impacted. other than that, nice pets.:D

I've had leopard geckos for over 18 years and they have been on a substrate since they were adults and I've never had an impaction issue.

I'm sure you will enjoy her...they usually have quite a bit of character!

heat rock is fine if you test it first. put your hand on the rock and hold it for a bit while plugged in. if you cant handle the heat you reptile cant either. i use heat rocks with no toasted toes or burns. as for substrate it looks like you are using play sand? i strongly suggest you taking it out if it is. most people feed with the lights on and they see poorly with lights. they are a clumsy eatter and will take on a mouth full of substrate often. use newspaper or calcium sand. if you can. bottled water and put a piece of sponge (hermet crab sponge) in the bowl. beautiful jungle btw.

heat rock is fine if you test it first. put your hand on the rock and hold it for a bit while plugged in. if you cant handle the heat you reptile cant either. i use heat rocks with no toasted toes or burns. as for substrate it looks like you are using play sand? i strongly suggest you taking it out if it is. most people feed with the lights on and they see poorly with lights. they are a clumsy eatter and will take on a mouth full of substrate often. use newspaper or calcium sand. if you can. bottled water and put a piece of sponge (hermet crab sponge) in the bowl. beautiful jungle btw.

the sand isn't play sand its something from Zilla, and i already took out the head rock since i have a heat mat.

Back
Top Bottom