My new pygmys and their enclosure

tifini1

So I got these guys last weekend and they seem to be doing real well. I have one male and two females. The pictures are a little blurry because these guys are really small. I included a picture of their enclosure. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 2014-01-18 13.51.24.jpg
    2014-01-18 13.51.24.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 2014-01-18 13.53.20.jpg
    2014-01-18 13.53.20.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 315
  • 2014-01-18 13.48.49.jpg
    2014-01-18 13.48.49.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 2014-01-23 14.49.16.jpg
    2014-01-23 14.49.16.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 2014-01-23 14.50.01.jpg
    2014-01-23 14.50.01.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 319
Looks great, but I would just more types of plants. If your housing 3 chams you might need a bigger cage, but again still looks good:)

Congrats on the new crew! I thought it was tough finding my veiled in his enclosure...:eek: Good luck finding them :D.

Congrats on your new additions!

Just a few comments/suggestion to improve your setup. Provide leaf litter it will make them feel more at home. Be sure your temps don't get too hot anything over 80 will be trouble some. And try to provide a few new "pathways" small twigs and sticks for them to clim around on.

What is your current light setup?

What size tank do you have? It's recommended to have 5gal per Pygmy. You "should" be okay since you have 1.2. But Monitor closely that no one is picking on eachother.

An idea that you can take or leave but my pygmy chams love the cork bark that I have leaning on the back glass of the tank.

The other thing is that they rarely come above the "canopy" to bask in the light. They will at times but they usually like to stay hidden so you might want to expand your plants to a higher area using a soil mound or something. You have a beautiful canopy for them though and they look great!

It looks good, nice and dense so they feel secure. I'll echo the sentiment about providing a leaf litter on at least half the ground, however. They want to blend in with their surroundings. The leaf litter will also provide a long-term solution as a buffer to keeping the ground moist, but not sopping wet.

I have been looking for a male and a female Pygmy I found some at first choice reptiles sent them a message on if they could sex them but have not heard back from them does anybody know if they are a reputable breeder or where did u get yours from tifint1

I have been looking for a male and a female Pygmy I found some at first choice reptiles sent them a message on if they could sex them but have not heard back from them does anybody know if they are a reputable breeder or where did u get yours from tifint1

Yes Nick at FCR is reputable and a great guy, they are just very busy and they take a while to get a hold of. Your best bet is to call him. I just purchsed 1.2 Brevs from him and they are top notch! He had received a shipment of over 300 brevs, so im sure you wont have a problem getting them.

I just checked their site again and said they were out of the Pygmy but I'll keep checking with them good to know thank you

Kingsnake is where I found first choice I'll keep looking they seem kinda hard to find I guess I'll have to be a little quicker to the draw next time...
Well I lied fond some on reptiles direct thanks again

I can probably wait I live in Colorado and its gonna be cold here for awhile so shipping can become a problem keep me posted

I checked voodoo they did have some but I do think I'm gonna hold off till the weather here is a little nicer thanks

I got mine from voodoo chameleons. You can look them up online. John is awesome and he really knows his stuff

Congrats on your new additions!

Just a few comments/suggestion to improve your setup. Provide leaf litter it will make them feel more at home. Be sure your temps don't get too hot anything over 80 will be trouble some. And try to provide a few new "pathways" small twigs and sticks for them to clim around on.

What is your current light setup?

What size tank do you have? It's recommended to have 5gal per Pygmy. You "should" be okay since you have 1.2. But Monitor closely that no one is picking on eachother.

These guys are currently in a 12x12x18 exo Terra. I have a reptisun 5.0 used uvb bulb on them. Currently they are not picking on each other. I just got a mistking system last weekend and that has helped with their humidity. Do you know where I could get leaf litter. I have been leaving the ficus leaves in there when they fall but I agree it needs more. Thanks

An idea that you can take or leave but my pygmy chams love the cork bark that I have leaning on the back glass of the tank.

The other thing is that they rarely come above the "canopy" to bask in the light. They will at times but they usually like to stay hidden so you might want to expand your plants to a higher area using a soil mound or something. You have a beautiful canopy for them though and they look great!

I thought about using cork I will get some today. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom