My new pygmy viv!

qdude46

So i finished making my pygmy vivarium today and it took a lot longer than i thought. The roots of the plants were way bigger than i thought! I think i have enough plants, but let me know what you think. Also, its the petco oasis terrarium if anyone was wondering and it will be housing a pair of spectral pygmy chameleons which i might get at the pamona expo in August. Here it is:

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 410
  • image (7).jpg
    image (7).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 469
  • image (6).jpg
    image (6).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 308
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 302
Two more and also, the lighting is a plain 13W 800ish lumen CFL bulb.
*Edit: Second pic isnt working

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 223
I think I might put something bushy near the spike moss, but something that the pygmies can climb, any suggestions?

Anyone? I think it would work to put something bushy near the apsarugus fern and parlor palm( maybe a fern of some sort) and then something with branches and some leaves by the spike moss. What would be something branchy is my problem though:confused:

I know, it's just that I've heard that pygmies like to be able to hide and I don't think I really have many walkways.

Maybe just get some vines for a walkway then... I really like the look of different sized exoterra vines twisted together... And I think it was zilla (although I could be wrong) that made this really thin tiny twisty vine.

It wasn't too sturdy but if you string it right and hang it from something that is sturdy it should be fine....my jackson was able to walk on itbut itwas really thin for him

The darn time light timer isn't working, stupid Walmart:p. good thing is that for now I just need to mist and turn on light until I get a new timer. When I get the pygmies, does anyone know how they will find the crickets?

i doubt there gonna have any pygmy chams there if they do you better be there real early on Saturday I'm going Saturday when it opens last time a vendor told me that tons of people were looking for them, some people had them that morning but they sold out within the hour.

I know, but that's when pygmies weren't coming into country as often, Im going to call and ask of they will sell them because they already carry them at their store in oceanside.

The place I bought a lot of the supplies from said that lighting was fine and they are very trusted online vivarium shop.

Back
Top Bottom