My New Pygmies

herooftime3333

I got a couple of pygmies yesterday and I have a feeling the guy at the store gave me two different species. I want more experienced members to identify my Pygmies!

One looks is usually gray with black spots and has protrusions on his head, he also has a very arched back

r_temporalis.jpg

The other is usually brown with a stripe down the middle and a short tail

images

I wanted to breed them so this may be a major setback!:confused:

Is the first pic yours? If, in fact, the first pic is a true representation of your specimen then you do have two different species. The first one is a male Rhampholeon temporalis and the second one is a female(?) Rieppeleon brevicaudatus and she is not in good shape.

I have not seen any temporalis for sale lately combined with your comment about the large points on his head makes me think you have a Rh. nchisiensis or Rh. spectrum that I have seen for sale recently. Can you get a pic?

Thank you, Do you think the guy at the store will give me an exchange? This is a strange store with no phone number, internet maps or address. It doesnt have a name its just called Reptiles. But the store has impeccable service the guys are friendly. Its near Underground reptiles and you probably would never hear of the store if you weren't in Ft. Lauderdale. :confused:

If they are as friendly as you claim, and have "impeccable service" they should give you an exchange. All you can do is ask. Hope everything works out for you.

Thank you, Do you think the guy at the store will give me an exchange? This is a strange store with no phone number, internet maps or address. It doesnt have a name its just called Reptiles. But the store has impeccable service the guys are friendly. Its near Underground reptiles and you probably would never hear of the store if you weren't in Ft. Lauderdale. :confused:

The store you are talking about is Ben Siegel Reptiles. They are AWESOME! They should give you an exchange. They are not mean for anything! I will be making my way over there tomorrow as a matter of fact;)

Oh and it does have a map and phone number. Message me if you wish to know them

Why do I have a vision of some shifty looking guy wearing a trench coat but when he opens it up it's not cheap knock-off watches but pygmy chameleons?

I named them Yin and Yang. They usually take sides of the terrarium, and Yang the male seems to be stressed. How do you make him...... unstressed. :confused: It has lots of plants and vines and they are asleep right now. I'm also very stressed, I think I might climb up a tree and turn black. :p

Why are you posting photos from other websites claiming them as your own and asking us to ID them (http://www.generalexotics.com/lizards/chameleons-for-sale/pygmy-chameleon-p-84)? There is no way for us to ID your chameleon from some random photo you found online and you definitely should not go back to the store claiming we said they sold you two different species when you mislead the members here into telling you that. Post photos of your actual animals and then we can ID them for you.

Chris

Im very sorry but my SD card reader is lost so I went on google and found chams that look like mine. :( I didnt know it would offend people so deeply. :(

Ben Siegel Guarantee below...as I said you should be fine.

PROMISE TO OUR CUSTOMERS-All animals are healthy and feeding unless noted otherwise. We sell only the best quality available picked from the countries top breeders, zoos, and importers. Imported animals are deparasitized and upon arival and observed for proper behavoir and feeding before ever leaving our facility, in order to deliver a better quality product to our customers-we have a 7 day live arrival guarantee as long as there is someone to accept the package-we also guarantee complete satisfaction with every order, as well as provide complete phone support for care and other questions you may have about your new animals. All claims must be reported immmediately and all claims are handled with either replacement or store credit. All deposits are non refundable unless other arrangements are made. We ship reptiles to your door on every week day except friday. We use ups for our door to door shipping which is usually $30 in state and $35 to $45 out of state--extremely heavy or large packages may cost additional. We also use delta dash same day delivery airport to airport for $75. Thank you for
choosing Ben Siegel Reptiles

GUARANTEED LIVE ARRIVAL!!!
7 DAY EXTENDED GUARANTEE!
IF A PROBLEM ARISES IN THE FIRST 7 DAYS--THE GUARANTEE IS EXTENDED INDEFINATELY!--THE BEST GUARANTEE IN THE BIZ FOR 10 YEARS!

what are good pygmies to start with and which are the most decorative/ or interesting? I have had Panthers now for almost 3 yrs. From what I have read in previous posts, 2-3 females with a single male is a good community?

I heard R. Brevicaudatus are good for beginner pygmy keepers, but are very bland. But if you are a very experienced cham keeper you can try for a decorative pygmy.:)

My first pics were pics taken from the net that look like mine, And Chris Anderson was offended. I lost my SD card reader and my camera sucks so used google. I now found
my SD card reader so I have pics of MY real pygmies.
DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

My first pics were pics taken from the net that look like mine, And Chris Anderson was offended. I lost my SD card reader and my camera sucks so used google. I now found
my SD card reader so I have pics of MY real pygmies.

It has nothing to do with being offended, it has to do with honesty and accuracy. While some people may do an excellent job in picking out a photo of a pygmy chameleon that looks like theirs, most will not if they aren't familiar with them already. Having us ID a random photo you found is not an accurate way for us to ID YOUR animals. Its also technically a violation of copyright for you to use the photos without the photographer's permission and credit given to the photographer.

The two chameleons in your photos do appear that they may be a Rhampholeon temporalis and Rieppeleon brevicaudatus but better photos will help with a positive ID, particularly with the first animal.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom