My new modified dragonstrand bioactive

wanabthemoon

Hello everyone!
I've been watching and learning here for several weeks and really appreciate everyone's help and advice. I have finally finished the first steps of my enclosure. It has been quite an adventure. A little bit ago I acquired an inexpensive DragonStrand hybrid enclosure. I was excited till I decided the only place that it could go was in a corner of my office where I would rarely see the front side. I agonized over options, considered just selling it, and eventually decided to take the DIY approach. I cut out the side panel facing the room and replaced it with clear plexiglass.
IMG_3360.jpg

I've made it fully bioactive (leaf litter and CUC soon to be added). I just finished planting everything today and I know it is going to take some time for my plants to grow in enough. I have no current plans to add its eventual inhabitant (hopefully a blue panther male), I'm going to let the tank stabilize, let the plants grow out and add more cover first. I'm open to any thoughts, questions, or suggestions. I know I have a ton to learn.

IMG_3356.jpg
IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg
IMG_3357.jpg

Back
Top Bottom