My new Melleri

Fool2Think

I just picked up a few more chameleons. 2 of them are mellers. I just have to share some photos of them, and a short video. These guys are very calm and it seems that nothing phases them. I have only had them since Saturday.
The video is the younger one eating a roach. The older on is in the first photo
http://youtu.be/S-dVnMzNZig

Attachments

• _DSC0603.jpg
    _DSC0603.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 142
  • _DSC0626.jpg
    _DSC0626.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 347
I have a melleri myself and let me tell you they are a handful you ALOT of space ALOT of misting And ALOT of big feeders but they give back by being so. Sweet they never get as aggressive as a vieled or panther lol

They are beautiful! Congratulations!

I just LOVE my guys, by far my favorite. Goodluck with them, I hope they have a smooth acclimation for you :)

They seem to be adjusting well. I wasn't suppose to get them this soon so I will have to admit that I was a bit unprepared for them. Though I did buy a lot of adult dubia so I was slightly prepared.
The younger one has no problem letting me take him out of his cage the older one is a bit hesitant.
I do not actually know their sex but plan on taking them to Cornell to have them sexed.
They are eating well and drinking a ton! They probably wish I would stop staring at them but I can't help it!

If any of you, who own mellers, would be so kind to share photos of you enclosure, I would appreciate it. Advice is also taken kindly.

I'm sure these won't be the last of the photos. I really love my panthers but these guys are fighting with the quads for the #1 spot in my book. :)

What kind of deal is this? First you get my quads, now you have 2 new mellers?? Wow you are having an excellent week. I have a pair of quads & a baby mellers. You and I think alike.:D

(I just posted pictures)

Great minds think alike! You are one up on me, I don't have any Ambanja yet. I did pick up a pair of veiled and a pair of Ambilobe also with the mellers. so it's been a good week, lol More like a stressful week but worth every minute.
Now I just need a female Nosy Be and I'll be all set, no more! I mean it!
Can someone ban me from the classifieds, PLEASE?! :eek:

Congratulations!! Melleri are awesome. I want to get a couple more soon.

We free range in our living room. All our chameleons hate being caged and are spoiled with a lot of free range time. The melleri really seem to do better uncaged.

05292011_jonsey.jpg

07182011_tuners.jpg

08192011_jonseytuners.jpg

This has changed a bit since the photo. On the right is the melleri free-range which has been expanded since the photo and on the left is a hanging free range. That has also been expanded and our cranky male jacksons lives there most of the time. We have another one of those as well as several plants and trees for everyone to get free range time.
FREERANGE.jpg

I very much like your free range. I have seen that setup before, It's great!
They get along together? Because they are not mature?

I very much like your free range. I have seen that setup before, It's great!
They get along together? Because they are not mature?

Thanks!
Melleri tend to be easier to keep together. Not always of course. We got these two together and they've always been together with no problems. I think it helps that they aren't in a cage and have a lot of space.

Back
Top Bottom