My new dripper

Apl3jck

IMG_0456.jpg

This is my new dripper, I just made, My Fischer's hasn't taken much interest in it i'm hoping he will figure out where the water is because I need him to drink when I go away on the weekends... obviously... you guys think he'll find and drink from it?

You've chosen a soda/water bottle around 12 fluid ounces (im guessing). with a steady drip
of around 1 drip per 3 sec it will last a few hrs-half day.
If you go away for the whole weekend, you'll need somebody to refill it for your lizard.
I cant tell from the photo if there is any way to regulate the flow and it does look a bit of a drama to deal with being gaffa taped up. :)
Provided you can have somebody spray/mist the plants during the weekend, you'll probly get away with it since the local weather is cool (assuming your in the US)
but I think this dripper may not suffice in warmer weather.
I find a larger container mounted nearby and easier option, mine is around 2.5 American gallons and is mounted on the wall above the cage and to the side in the upright position.
I use aquarium tubing to deliver the water with an adjustable valve (made for aquarium tubing) between the bottle and the cage. This allows it to be turned on/off and adjusted to whatever flow rate easily and turned on in the morn and off an hr before lights out, last around 3 days before it needs refilling.
From memory you can see it in photos in my gallery.
cheers :)

You've chosen a soda/water bottle around 12 fluid ounces (im guessing). with a steady drip
of around 1 drip per 3 sec it will last a few hrs-half day.
If you go away for the whole weekend, you'll need somebody to refill it for your lizard.
I cant tell from the photo if there is any way to regulate the flow and it does look a bit of a drama to deal with being gaffa taped up. :)
Provided you can have somebody spray/mist the plants during the weekend, you'll probly get away with it since the local weather is cool (assuming your in the US)
but I think this dripper may not suffice in warmer weather.
I find a larger container mounted nearby and easier option, mine is around 2.5 American gallons and is mounted on the wall above the cage and to the side in the upright position.
I use aquarium tubing to deliver the water with an adjustable valve (made for aquarium tubing) between the bottle and the cage. This allows it to be turned on/off and adjusted to whatever flow rate easily and turned on in the morn and off an hr before lights out, last around 3 days before it needs refilling.
From memory you can see it in photos in my gallery.
cheers :)

EDIT: sorry its not in my gallery, its in this thread

https://www.chameleonforums.com/homers-new-habitat-pic-heavy-23923/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom