My new chams from repticon...

Auntbee86

Hello, so you all know I've got Spartacus and hes a lil over a year old. I did have a female for him but sadly she was very ill and passed away a few weeks ago from parasites. So yesterday I went to Tampa's repticon where I found First Choice Reptiles, and yes they had some amazing looking chams which I noticed a female panther but I believe I'll give it some time and some nice veiled chams but I'm not into them (no offense we all have our own likes) but as I turn to the other side of his tables I spotted the cage full of Jackson's Chameleons... their smaller then what other vendors had there and I like that so I can get them used to being handled. So I picked out the brightest and nicest looking ones and got the pair. I was talking to one of the guys there and he was very unsure of answers to my questions and I just figured they were sooo busy that I would come here and you all have done great so far. My questions: first off I know quite a bit about them but I'm just curious about a few things..are there different types of jacksons? if so does anyone know what these are? around how old would you guess they are? Anyways heres some pics and plz let me know what you all honestly think. I threw in some recent pics of Spartacus too. I havent chosen names for them yet but I'm still thinking. p.s. sorry their all quite larger photos but I'm still learning these uploading pics into here. Enjoy

Spartacus:

dsc00024ef.jpg

img1162dm.jpg

img1156yh.jpg

img1157v.jpg

img1260kv.jpg

Jackson male:

dsc00062xk.jpg

dsc00058ai.jpg

dsc00055h.jpg

dsc00051tg.jpg

dsc00048ak.jpg

Jackson female:

dsc00046wx.jpg

dsc00044vn.jpg

dsc00039c.jpg

dsc00037p.jpg

dsc00029le.jpg

thanks, I'm still surprised on how nice Spartacus has turned out. I've had alot of offers for people to buy him but I love him and I couldnt do that I want to breed him in the future, hes already lookin for a female to spread his cooties. ;)

There are a few diff types of jacksons. You purchased the largest form. They are xantholopus jacksonni. A large majority of them are wc's that we see in the reptile community. They have a fairly large wild pop in hawaii.

Spartacus is the most beautiful cham i've ever seen! :eek: That blue on him is amazing, especially in the second picture!

lol thanks, yea he was a beautiful mystery hes a cross and we had no idea what he would become. AMBANJA x AMBILOBE the pics dont do him justice hes so much brighter but my camera sucks.

omg thanks alot texas panther man i was searching online and i couldnt tell the diff at first i thought thats what they were but wanted another opinion. I have them in small cages for right now and I plan on building bigger ones on thursday or friday. :)

That blue on Spartacus is crazy!!! That is the most vibrant blue bars I think I have ever seen! wow is all I can say!

wow! those are all wondeful looking chams. beautiful blue on the panther but the jacksons are stunning aswell. that male is very cute :D

I already commented but I had to come back to check out Spartacus. If all Ambilobe X Ambajnas turned out like that, I would buy one ASAP. Its honestly the most BEAUTIFUL chameleon I have ever seen. It almost looks fake! :eek:

Yea, thank you all hes even better in person. Its to bad ya cant just throw him on my sholder n go out n do my chores like shopping but he would be so stressed out. I want to breed him maybe in a year or something.... still debating kuz thats alotta work and i really want to think about it. So he got a glimpse of the jacksons female by accident and started changing crazy bright colors and head bobbin i was like NOOO!! with my hand covering his eyes lol not gonna happen ur 2 diff chams. haha boys will be boys. ;)

Thanks, heres today pics of the jacksons...thought I'd share. Totally different colors he had a nice kinda blueish green w/yellow but he quickly changed and she had a greenish color but again they change in a freakin min those sneeky lil bastards!! hehe they hate camera their scarred of it so i just took 2 pics n got away. they still need to settle in. :)

45605981.jpg

87733215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom