my new cham is staying stressed

d17d52b73e3e9377b35bd0cbd9d3311c.jpg

A pic from about two days ago should I replace the red bulb from an incandescent

People are telling us so many different things people told me to get those lights other people are telling me difftent lights people say he is just adjusting so he isn't eating other people say he's sick like I said I'm getting the reptibreeze chameleon kit this weekend when I get paid will he be ok by then??? I have read all the care sheets and everything that everyone has provided on here the uvb we have is a 13watt bulb

I'm sorry but would the people from the petstore be the ones who are telling you to use those bulbs? You should replace the coiled UV bulb for the long ones. You should consider any advice you recieve on here, these are experinced keepers and they know what they are talking about. Keep us posted when you get your kit, also is its eye closed all the time?

No his eyes are open today and all the information we are getting is off of a bunch of threads from THIS forum the pet store told us nothing

I posted a pic of him out of his cage

He really looks unhappy and I don't like that his eyes are closed. Get rid of the red light and use a regular incandescent house lightbulb for heat. The tank may be too warm and dry for him right now (one of the major problems with tanks like this). You can lower the heat and the light intensity by moving the bulbs higher off the top of the tank. The coil UV light might be a bit intense for him which might be partly why his eyes are closed.

Ok we changed his bulbs his eyes are now open and I previously said that he is 6/7 months old because that is what pet co told us we know know he is from 3-5 months

They provided you with a terrible set up! That poor little guy. You need to change A LOT of about your set up and as soon as possible. The basic care sheet will help out a lot. Think vertical when setting up his enclosure. They need climbing space and lot of plants to hide in to feel safe!

That is a way better set-up. What size is it might be abit too big for him in terms of hunting around looking for his food. You can just cup feed him for now. Also as you have mentioned lots of vertical branches and plants to provide cover. Especially during the first month they need some cover to feel safe and less stressed. Highly recommend that. Make sure you check that the plants you are using are non toxic.

Best of luck! Chameleons can be tedious but they are unique and a joy to keep. :)

That is a way better set-up. What size is it might be abit too big for him in terms of hunting around looking for his food. You can just cup feed him for now. Also as you have mentioned lots of vertical branches and plants to provide cover. Especially during the first month they need some cover to feel safe and less stressed. Highly recommend that. Make sure you check that the plants you are using are non toxic.

Best of luck! Chameleons can be tedious but they are unique and a joy to keep. :)
It's a 16 by 16 by 30 inches

That is a good size a bit big but nothing you should worry about. If you cup feed there wont be an issue. If you just release the feeder insect inside the cage you might keep an eye on it. Make sure that your cham is seeing the feeders and there is no extra feeders left uneaten to be safe.

Youre in the right track. This forum will help you alot so have I!

You shouldn't have bedding either and you should have a terrarium taller then Thacker also it should be mesh like the Zoomeds reptibrezze

Back
Top Bottom