My new boy

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
I finally got my second panther cham :)

His name is Bastion, and he’s a blue Ambanja from Lonestar Panthers (Adam is awesome!). Since the very beginning of my journey with him, Bastion has 100% been my special case lol. He was born with a tongue defect and can only shoot it a very limited distance - maybe about a half inch or so. His aim is also off (he has been getting correct supplementation and UVB - just seems to be part of what makes him special). In addition to all that, he was delayed during transit from Texas to me. He ended up spending four whole nights in a box 😢 but he made it!

Whereas my other other cham Beau is a pretty mellow and go-with-the-flow kinda guy, Bastion is extremely skittish and shy. It’s kind of a conundrum, since he has to be exclusively hand-fed 🙄

Attachments

• 173DC563-4CE0-45A5-9DF6-77A2E06B6630.jpeg
    173DC563-4CE0-45A5-9DF6-77A2E06B6630.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 67
So now you have two chameleons?
Nice looking chameleon! Hope he'll get used to you soon!
i do in fact have two now! 😁

Thank you!! He’ll take 3 or so bugs right from my hand before he starts climbing around his cage, pretending he doesn’t want what I’m offering. Even if he ever wants to be friends, I can love him from afar for all his weirdness haha

I don’t know the answer to that but I don’t think so. Is your chams tongue not working? That can be from any number of problems like calcium deficiency.

I don’t know the answer to that but I don’t think so. Is your chams tongue not working? That can be from any number of problems like calcium deficiency.
No not mine.
In the first post it stated the chameleon received from lone star came with a tongue defect.
I’m just wondering how much inbreeding goes on…and if breeders even bother telling the buyer🤔

No not mine.
In the first post it stated the chameleon received from lone star came with a tongue defect.
I’m just wondering how much inbreeding goes on…and if breeders even bother telling the buyer🤔
Adam (the breeder at Lonestar Panthers) did specifically mention on his website where this cham was listed for sale that he had a tongue defect (it was even reflected in the price I paid for him). I direct messaged him about it, asked a whole laundry list of questions about his lineage, what his UVB lighting and supplementation schedule looked like, and everything was spot on. While it’s true that this little guy was born this way, neither inbreeding, UVB nor supplementation was the issue. Adam was entirely willing to answer every question I had regarding the defect. I just felt the need to complicate my own life by taking on a tongue-disabled chameleon 😂

He (the cham) is thoroughly frustrating, too. Not only does he have to be exclusively hand fed, he is incredibly picky 😤

Back
Top Bottom