My New Big Boy

Now I just need to figure out what the heck the other panthe is..Male or Female?!? I'm leaning toward Male..but its just so darn SMALL and not colorful...I measured him/her last night from vent to snout he/she is only 5 inchs...So I'm guessing its still fairly young?? maybe 5 months?? Any ideas?

If you have been feeding your other male smaller amounts like you do to a female (because that is what you assumed) to slow down/prevent egg production then of course he is going to be smaller and potentially less developed in both colour and outward sexual characteristics than normal.

ha yeah..well I know I'm not supposed to..but my veiled and my he/she? panther..climb all around on plants i have together..they dont even care...they crawl on each other..no care in the world! So we'll see...what happens! But looking at both of the panthers..the sambava's rostrual sp? is way more pronounced than the other one..but he's also a bigger cham, I'm guessing that the other one is young..the kid i got him from said he/she was 7 months old?? but he/she only 5inches from vent to snout..so who knows??

well that all depends on them i have some that could care less if theres another cham around an others go off if they think they see another male, lol bobby faly doesnt fire up at males lol he bobs his head at anything i def think he needs more then one g/f. but yeah thats whats supposedta happen

Hey Trace,

No not at all, I throw a handful of crix and roaches "Trade off with them" every other day..theres usually some left overs to, and offer a variety of worms in between...but he/she has grow since I've had him/her..so Im guessing the person I got it from was wrong about the age?? Like I said before its only 5 inches from vent to snout...and compairing with size..the age is about 4-5 months old?? But correct me if I'm wrong..

If you have been feeding your other male smaller amounts like you do to a female (because that is what you assumed) to slow down/prevent egg production then of course he is going to be smaller and potentially less developed in both colour and outward sexual characteristics than normal.

Heres some pics of Him/Her

Attachments

• 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 180.jpg
    180.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 107
Back