My new baby veiled!!! Question question

Sabilovewah

Hi everyone~ I just bought two baby veiled !! So excited and somehow they are friendly (which I am not sure if it's normal) the baby girl even sleep on my hand lol
should I take them out for a while everyday to keep them friendly?
And I keep wetting the leaves inside (I am using fake leaves) ,, is there enough water if like this? I saw someone said that Melting ice cube is good for them,, but I am planning to get a fake mountain shaped waterfall rock inside the cage,, which is better?
Hahahha loads of questions ,, thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Cool, we are two days in with our baby veiled as well but from everything I have read a dripper is needed to keep plants wet and humidity up. Misting systems are better but pricey at this point.

Good luck, this forum is a great resource.

We have been hand feeding as well as just handling

Welcome to the forum. Here is a great caresheet right from this forum. Please read it and a lot of your questions will be answered.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Also, fill out this section so everyone can make sure your set up is good.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

If you can please post pictures of your new babies and pictures of their setups.

You might want to think about adding live plants because they help with hydration and humidity. Chameleons like to drink off of the leaves. Making a homemade dripper is easy and great to have. Do a search at the top of the forum page and you will find lots of information on how to make one. Waterfalls are a bad idea because they can grow bacteria and must be cleaned every day.
Hope this helps,
Virginia

Waterfalls aren't good -don't waste your money- you'll need it for a second cage Check out the care sheets as soon as you can or you'll end up buying a lot of suff you don't need and needing to buy stuff you do (I know - been there done that)

Welcome to the forums guys! :)

Misting the leaves with either a hand sprayer or an automatic misting system is the best way to get water to them. chameleons get there water of of leaves they dont drink standing water this is why it is essential to have a drip or misting system. the waterfall may work because of the way the water flows down it but i wouldnt reccomend it because it can create harmful bacteria.

Most veilds arent actually that friendly and its not a bad thing that yours is. i have never handled mine so i cant give you much on that subject, sorry.

hope that this helps :)

Thanks everyone,, I just checked the care page of this forum and I decided to buy a dripper tomorrow!! So just place it on the cage and let it drip through the cage to the leaves?
Yea I decided to keep some live leaves inside but not sure what kind should it be (?) or feed them vegetables is better?
It's the second day of keeping them and I am not sure their age...
I am feeding them with crickets that rolled on calcium powder

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 132
Definitely remove the mulch out of the cage!! They could injest in accidentally while shooting for loose prey or intentionally and become impacted. Also, you cannot keep them together for too long. They will need separate cages.

hey if you fill out the how to ask for help form any of us may be able to give you pointers based on what you say about your setup :)

Definitely remove the mulch out of the cage!! They could injest in accidentally while shooting for loose prey or intentionally and become impacted. Also, you cannot keep them together for too long. They will need separate cages.

Omg I am removing it now... What can I put on the ground? I know that I cannot put soil... What else?
And I saw the form but I don't exactly know how to fill it in.. Let me try...

The boy start shedding!! But the girl seems to be too thin .. And she doesn't eat when I try to feed it..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom