My new babies!!!!

lilwish

Here are my new babies , I'm a 1st time mommy :) I was told when i got them they were 7 weeks so that would make them 8 weeks now give or take a few days, they are Ambanja's. Does this look correct with what you see in the pictures, I would love to know the sex of them but I cant tell I read a few things on here about it but I couldnt figure it out :(
I'm hoping i did the pictures right (i tried to see how to do couldnt find anything so im just trying this )if not sorry.....

ok trying this again :)

heres baby #1
DSCN0760.jpg

DSCN0807-1.jpg

DSCN0802-1.jpg

DSCN0785.jpg

one on branch
DSCN0775.jpg

Heres #2
DSCN0761.jpg

DSCN0763.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

DSCN0773.jpg

DSCN0786.jpg

one on top
DSCN0805.jpg

Both

DSCN0806-1.jpg

They look good and healthy-where did you get them? I live in Safety Harbor-always nice to see local people here. It looks like you have them in a tank with a screen top? Not a good idea for Florida here. You need to get a screen cage and also know they will need to be separated in the next few months. Glass tanks will get too hot and too wet, and the heat and mositure can cause respiratory issues. Do you have a UVB bulb? Do you know what your temps are?

I got them from pinellas county reptiles,
they are in a tank that is glass on the front and the back but the top and sides are screen, yes I have the uvb bulb however I have learned that i got the wrong kind :( the temp stays at about 76 during the day and about 72 at night with it being about 6-7 inchs from the light (and the light being about 4 inches from the basking spot), the humidity stays at 59-62 during the day and about 68-73 at night.
thanks to the wonderful people on here I learned about the bulb and proper ways to feed them when i bought them they did tell me they would have to be seperated at about 4 months.
I have 2 complete cage kit/setups coming they should be here weds i ordered them from LLLreptile. as soon as i get them and set up I will post pictures and make sure everything looks good thank you for your advice I love them already and want to learn everything i can to keep them healthy!

Sounds like you are well on your way! Welcome to the addiction and we are always here to help! :)

Thank you, :Dand yes I am a picture freak! I have two kids and two cats and 9 rats that cant escape the camera so if they think they can they are sadly mistaken :p hahaha!!
I will post pictures often just as I do on rat groups i am friends with on facebook!

Sounds like you are well on your way! Welcome to the addiction and we are always here to help! :)

AWESOME thats great to know and makes me feel better! thanks you so much and i will post updates and I'm sure there will be plenty of questions you all might be trying to get rid of me before its done :)

Your new babies are just perfect and sweet.

How do cats & rats get along together? That sounds challenging.

do you have any pics of the parents and are you considering selling any of them in the future?

Your new babies are just perfect and sweet.

How do cats & rats get along together? That sounds challenging.

for the most part my cats do not even notice they are there! when the kids are holding the rats we make sure the cats are out of the room. Our bigger cat that thinks hes a dog just sits there and sniffs them or watches them hes never tried to hurt them. BUT animals are animals and you cant be mad at them for following thier instincts so we would never let them run around together or anything like that!!:D

Back
Top Bottom