My new Andapa!!!!!

FurciferLord

Check out my new Andapa Panther, a very uncommon locale. I've heard actually that it is very common except people sell them as Sambava's?. Either way I'm pumped to have this guy he looks amazing. Let me know what you think..enjoy!

So what is the difference between this and a Sambava. I see no difference.

They are very similar however two completey different loacles.

Andapa
A locality from northeast Madagascar a little inland from Sambava. Animals from this locale are very similar in color and pattern to those individuals from Sambava but are regarded as typically slightly more vibrant in their coloration. A “U bar” on the flanks and coloration of green, orange, red and yellow with dark pattern lines and a blue tint to the lateral line are typical of male Andapa Panther Chameleons.

Sambava
A locale from northeast Madagascar. This locale is very similar in color and pattern to those of Andapa. Male Sambava Panther Chameleons are often characterized by the presence of a “U bar” rather than the typical “Y or V bar” on the flanks. Coloration typically includes green, yellow, orange and red with dark pattern lines and occasionally a bluish lateral line.

I attached a pic of him fired up

Whuut? Shoot. Then what the heck is my sambava?! He's been speculated as a masoala or maro as well, but he's CB. :confused:

He looks great by the way!

Whuut? Shoot. Then what the heck is my sambava?! He's been speculated as a masoala or maro as well, but he's CB. :confused:

He looks great by the way!

You most likely have a sambava, Im not sure how much I believe that Andapa's are sold as Sambava's. Andapas used to be very common years ago but for some reason they kind of faded away. Thanks!

The two descriptions given are very similar. Out of curiosity, is scalation used to determine locales in Panthers? (It's used quite a bit, in the snake world.. a world I'm much more fluent in.)

Your new guy is stunning, btw! :)

Was this the one advertised on KS? Also he looks to have almost a W bar not a U. Either way cool cham. In that fired up pic, are his bars showing green or are they turquoise? He's def unique. Good luck finding him some females though? That may be a problem bro...

The two descriptions given are very similar. Out of curiosity, is scalation used to determine locales in Panthers? (It's used quite a bit, in the snake world.. a world I'm much more fluent in.)

They are very similar paragraphs, there isnt much in the way of information on the differences between the two locales. I found another site maybe this can kind of clear things up. Again they are very similar descriptions. As far as the scalation you got me there:confused:

Andapa Panther Chameleons appear very similar to those from Sambava. The main difference is that chameleons from Andapa tend to have blues in their orange to red barring on an orange background. This locale is from northeast Madagascar slightly inland from Sambava. Andapa Panther Chameleons were once very prevalent in the US market but now they are rarely seen.

Sambava Panther Chameleons have orange to red “U” barring on a orange to yellow background. Their coloration generally includes green, yellow, orange and red with dark pattern lines with a bluish white lateral line. Sambava Panther Chameleons display the standard beauty of the East Coast Madagascar locales.

Was this the one advertised on KS? Also he looks to have almost a W bar not a U. Either way cool cham. In that fired up pic, are his bars showing green or are they turquoise? He's def unique. Good luck finding him some females though? That may be a problem bro...

Yea he was on KS. in the fired up pic its blue in the bars but going down towards the back they turn green. I think hes def an Andapa, and yea the females part..LOL I'll be looking for a while I'm sure. Thanks!

Thank you for the info.

I really like the Sambava locale ..considering a baby, now.. but you've given me reason to investigate the Andapa more closely. :)

Very jealous! I am very interested in the Andapa locale as well, inquired on here sometime ago why they were so hard to find now...Great find there, enjoy!

Some more pics and an update on this guy. He is doing great he's a picky eater in the sense that he will rarely take the same kind of feeders two days in a row but that's ok. I cant get this guy to fire up only at night when he goes to sleep he shows his bright yellows blues and neon greens. I'm working on getting a female for this guy so I'm hoping to make this locale more available one day.

he's beautiful. you can maybe contact screameleons. they have some andapa breeders. they might be able to help with a female

Back
Top Bottom