My New Ambilobe

melric

Avid Member
Look at who I rescued from someone in San Diego!!! Gabriela posted about him the other day and I just picked him up yesterday! I've been busy this weekend with the cham hunt and all. But, here he is. He's doing well, and I'm still trying to hydrate him a bit more. He still has sunken eyes. He looks pretty healthy besides the dehydration. He's supposed to be one of Lance's from his sire Lucifer.

Oh and while I was in SD I payed Gabriela a visit. She has a lot of great animals!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 226
He looks absolutely AMAZING!!! Good rescue! and good luck with your new friend!:D

Haha, thank you!
I still need to get him some vines. He didn't have any vines, and nothing but a 100 watt mercury uvb light. I changed that out right away from what I had at home. But, the mercury bulb burnt through the mesh. :(

Haha, thank you!
I still need to get him some vines. He didn't have any vines, and nothing but a 100 watt mercury uvb light. I changed that out right away from what I had at home. But, the mercury bulb burnt through the mesh. :(

does that mean the cage is ruined?:( that sucks!
ohh and did your female lay those eggs ok? or is she still digging around? lol

Yay! The picture does him no justice... He is BEAUTIFUL and I got the pleasure of meeting this little guy in person. It was great meeting you and your new little guy but I don't think Hugh was very happy about having another Cham boy in his home. Lol!

Yay! The picture does him no justice... He is BEAUTIFUL and I got the pleasure of meeting this little guy in person. It was great meeting you and your new little guy but I don't think Hugh was very happy about having another Cham boy in his home. Lol!

Oh yeah, that's right. Hugh did change some pretty amazing colors remember. Hahaha. I'll try to get better pics one of these days.

Oh yeah, that's right. Hugh did change some pretty amazing colors remember. Hahaha. I'll try to get better pics one of these days.

Oh yeah, it was AMAZING! I saw colors in him I had never seen before (even though he is 6 months old) Lol! He does nothing when I put him up to a mirrow.

Oh yeah, it was AMAZING! I saw colors in him I had never seen before (even though he is 6 months old) Lol! He does nothing when I put him up to a mirrow.

Yup! They were pretty cool! I'll post the pics as soon as I get them from my cousin. Then I'll email them to you too! I really need a camera with a lense. I usually use my iPhone for all my pics.

He is stunning :D and no doubt very grateful to be rescued. His colours are brilliant. :D

Awe thank you! He was a great find! I paid $120 for him and his things. I ended up using the mercury bulb for my bearded dragon. That saves me using a light fixture. haha.:cool:

This little jerk bit my phone after these pics! He does not like his picture taken.
Please excuse my spray tan hands, it kinda turns everything orange.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 95
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 182
i love my cham… but DUDE! this is the type of ambilobe that i always see on the forums, that belongs to someone like you… and I'm like… where does everyone get all the STUNNERS!

i love my cham… but DUDE! this is the type of ambilobe that i always see on the forums, that belongs to someone like you… and I'm like… where does everyone get all the STUNNERS!

I finally got myself one too! It's hard to settle down and decide to buy one, but this guy was so cheap and he needed a new home. He was bred by Lance here on the forums if you're ever interested.
Thanks guys.

Cool. Good find. Anyone know of any sites to find rescues. Why would I buy a chameleon who has a good home or breeder when their are so many that are helpless out there :)

Buying helps encourage and support those breeders that are caring for the Chams properly.

Seems like rescues could be costly, depending on their needs.

Buying helps encourage and support those breeders that are caring for the Chams properly.

Seems like rescues could be costly, depending on their needs.

I planned on buying breeder chameleons just to get started again but I would like to get a rescue instead. :) Like I stated, a Breeder will care for his chameleons but when a Cham needs saving it takes precedent.

Back
Top Bottom