My Little Harab (07th-27th Aug 2019)

Hamza2006

Harab left me today with my heart broken.
I will share every picture I took of her... From the first time I met her, to her final moments.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Beautiful little girl. You saved her from being fed to a snake. Under the circumstances, you can’t blame yourself. You did your best. Hold on to her memory and the love that you had for her. She is truly free now.

So sorry for your loss...you did what you could and you reached out. Don’t be hard on yourself. She was a beautiful little one.

Guys... Once I get over Harab (200 years later)... Should I get another chameleon or is it too risky?
My dad wants me to get a tortoise but I feel like one day I should get a Jackson's Cham.
I'm still sad about Harab but I'm recovering slowly.
Maybe in a few weeks I'll be ok.
I got Harab suddenly and unprepared which I will always regret but if I ever have another Cham... I'll be prepared.
Or maybe I'll just get a tortoise cuz they're easy to care for.
But I'll need a few weeks to recover first and decide if it's worth it to try again.

Please don’t get another chameleon. If you do, make sure you have plenty of live food available for it, and make sure you husbandry is perfect, also make sure you learn everything about chameleons.

A tortoise is cool too.

Please don’t get another chameleon. If you do, make sure you have plenty of live food available for it, and make sure you husbandry is perfect, also make sure you learn everything about chameleons.

A tortoise is cool too.
K so... If I don't get a tortoise then I might get a Cham...
But I won't get one until I have all the necessities. But I'm considering a tortoise.

Coming from someone who has two tortoises, they also require a LOT of supplies, preparation, and work. And most species also have very long lifespans so be prepared to basically take on a child! I am so sorry to hear about your Harab <3

Coming from someone who has two tortoises, they also require a LOT of supplies, preparation, and work. And most species also have very long lifespans so be prepared to basically take on a child! I am so sorry to hear about your Harab <3
Are tortoises harder to keep than chameleons?

I would think a tortoise would be easier than a Cham. I have an 18 year old soft shell turtle. He is aquatic but defiantly way lower maintenance than my Cham. I agree with all of the advice above.

Are tortoises harder to keep than chameleons?

They are certainly not the easiest pet out there but I would say they are definitely easier than chameleons - they just have a much longer lifespan and most species require quite a bit of roaming space i.e. outdoor enclosure during the warmer months and indoor enclosure when the temps drop. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to message me :) I've had my two redfoot tortoises going on 6 years now!

Back
Top Bottom