My jackson doesnt look to good

I'm so sorry you had this experience. As mentioned they hide their illness. An infection, bacterial or parasite is a strong possibility.

I am so sorry for your loss. He was sick when sent and the stress of the shipping then new envirornment was too much for the little guy. You need to contact backwater. My breeder had a 30 day guarantee and i had him shipped from ny to ca. it is doubtful they do if they are unscrupulous breeders/ sellers. But You van try and they at least need an earful and a writeup from you. so sorry you had to go through this.

I’m so sorry this happened to you and to him! I’m a Jackson’s keeper myself. I got mine from pet co and just plain got lucky that he was healthy. Don’t buy your next one from them though!! They also are known for selling sick chams. Get one from a well known breeder!

I’m so sorry this happened to you and to him! I’m a Jackson’s keeper myself. I got mine from pet co and just plain got lucky that he was healthy. Don’t buy your next one from them though!! They also are known for selling sick chams. Get one from a well known breeder!
Thank you for the advice I'll definitely go that rout next time for sure! Probably going to be a few months before I get another one. I love jacksons!

So sorry to see he passed... At 2 weeks, it's highly unlikely that you did anything to him to cause that nosedive. It's in their instincts to hide any and every weakness they have otherwise they'll be targeted in the wild. So by the time he was showing that bad, he was likely on his way out. Your husbandry sounds pretty solid so it's almost certainly something that he came home with that caused this. My heart goes out to you and your little cham. I hope you'll be able to have a better experience with your next one.

The folks here are excellent with their knowledge and advice - they'll send you to a good breeder. :)
So sorry to see he passed... At 2 weeks, it's highly unlikely that you did anything to him to cause that nosedive. It's in their instincts to hide any and every weakness they have otherwise they'll be targeted in the wild. So by the time he was showing that bad, he was likely on his way out. Your husbandry sounds pretty solid so it's almost certainly something that he came home with that caused this. My heart goes out to you and your little cham. I hope you'll be able to have a better experience with your next one.

The folks here are excellent with their knowledge and advice - they'll send you to a good breeder. :)
Agreed, was already sick and the shipping stress was too much for him. So sorry.

Back
Top Bottom