My Handsome Hammy 10/14/19

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
We did a photo shoot last week and I wanted to share a few photos. Hammy is 22 months old and weighs 198 grams.

Hammy will be a daddy next year. The eggs are looking good.

car trailer cams 10142019 366.JPG

car trailer cams 10142019 331.JPG

car trailer cams 10142019 349.JPG

car trailer cams 10142019 365.JPG

car trailer cams 10142019 372.JPG

car trailer cams 10142019 349.JPG

car trailer cams 10142019 367.JPG

Love his casque!

Thank you!

So pretty I can’t wait to see the babies!!

Thank you! I can’t wait to see the babies, too.

Ooo such a handsome boy

Thank you Sabe!

I just love how his casque sweeps back - it gives him such a recognizable profile! And those blues are just fabulous! :love: I really wish I could have gotten an egg or two from you, Jann. Maybe one day!

Thank you Amanda! I found out that Reptile Express will ship live animals to Canada. Maybe you’ll be ready for a baby next summer.

Yeah, the way his casque sweeps back makes me think, if he were a human, he’d be a surfer.

Haha! Surfer Hammy!

He is so handsome. As always such quality photographs.

Thank you Jillian!

Thank you Amanda! I found out that Reptile Express will ship live animals to Canada. Maybe you’ll be ready for a baby next summer.

Oh? I could have sworn that there are papers required for that! I know there's a branch of Reptile Express in Canada, but I dont know if you can ship from US to Canada. But, if that's doable... sign me up, haha! If not this batch, I'll be ready for the next one. :D

Wait, what??? Any details on this??? That is interesting. Jann, if you have time, send me a PM with info on this. I’d like to look into the details!
You can ship anything between the US AND Canada, but if the species are on the CITES list, as all chameleons are, there is not only paperwork involved, but a 2-6 month wait and about an 800$ bill for the transaction, in addition to the cost of the reptile. Hate to be a bummer, but I’ve looked into this many times in my hunt for a breeding pair of parsons. There are, however, ways one might work around this: get a US shipping address/PO box just south of the border, pick up your shipped reptiles there, then roll the dice on customs. Alternatively, have the seller ship ‘next day’, don’t label the package as a reptile, and hope for the best. Either way comes with it’s own risks—some for the buyer, some for the chameleon.

We did a photo shoot last week and I wanted to share a few photos. Hammy is 22 months old and weighs 198 grams.

View attachment 249356

View attachment 249357

View attachment 249352

View attachment 249353

View attachment 249355

View attachment 249352

View attachment 249354
Hammy...you are such a stud muffin! Your Brother King Louie said well done kid.

View attachment 249356

View attachment 249357

View attachment 249352

View attachment 249353

View attachment 249355

View attachment 249352

View attachment 249354

He’s posing like a male model. Lol. Especially that 2nd pic. :cool: Hoping you’ll save one of his baby boys for me.

Thank you! He is quite the ham for the camera. I am so happy that you want a baby boy. It’s so hard to find good homes for the babies.

That's fantastic!! We might just have to have a little chat regarding sending a baby up my way... :p

I really hope you will get one of my babies. Maybe you can help me find a few more Canadian homes and I can ship a small group up.

Hammy...you are such a stud muffin! Your Brother King Louie said well done kid.

Thank you Cindy and King Louie. ❤️

He's a handsome guy. I might even be ready for a 2nd chameleon next year for one of his babies.

Back
Top Bottom