My Greenhouse Calumma Oshaughnessyi

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
This a couple recent photo's of some of my greenhouse Calumma oshaughnessyi. They have been acclimating in the greenhouse for a while now.

AwwVfr.jpg

WEdAqL.jpg

v1t7kg.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Very nice! Are you planning to keep them in the GH over the summer?

Absolutely. They are going to be in the greenhouse almost 100% with some exceptions when I keep them in natural sunshine. I am planning to fill the greenhouse this summer. I think I have finally solved the UV lighting issue.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Absolutely. They are going to be in the greenhouse almost 100% with some exceptions when I keep them in natural sunshine. I am planning to fill the greenhouse this summer. I think I have finally solved the UV lighting issue.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

That’s excellent! Do you mind my asking your plans for cooling in the summer? I am planning to build a larger greenhouse this summer but I am concerned about summertime temps. Im in baltimore - avg 80-95 summer temps, spikes up to 105 once or twice a summer.

My current GH is very small (4x6) which is only good for free ranging here and there.

Omg they are beautiful Jeremy :love::love:

Thanks much!

That’s excellent! Do you mind my asking your plans for cooling in the summer? I am planning to build a larger greenhouse this summer but I am concerned about summertime temps. Im in baltimore - avg 80-95 summer temps, spikes up to 105 once or twice a summer.

My current GH is very small (4x6) which is only good for free ranging here and there.

Here is a link to my thread about greenhouses and my greenhouse. That thread should have information about cooling. If there are specifics that are not there you can ask or send me a pm.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/greenhouses.35607/

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

What is the "UV lighting issue"? Why not just use UV panels?

https://www.acplasticsinc.com/categories/uv-transmitting

Is not cheap, but you will save money on electricity and buying bulbs, so it will make up for it.

Those panels, are pretty much natural sunshine, it cuts off a little (92% is for the thin stuff, I have seen the greenhouse panels advertised at 80%, cant find them now) but 80% of nature, depending where you live, should be plenty.

Last edited:
What is the "UV lighting issue"? Why not just use UV panels?

https://www.acplasticsinc.com/categories/uv-transmitting

Is not cheap, but you will save money on electricity and buying bulbs, so it will make up for it.

Those panels, are pretty much natural sunshine, it cuts off a little (92% is for the thin stuff, I have seen the greenhouse panels advertised at 80%, cant find them now) but 80% of nature, depending where you live, should be plenty.

The greenhouse was a gift from my family. I had no say in regards to picking out the brand or type of greenhouse when buying time happened. However I was not going to complain about being given a good sized new brand named greenhouse. However I have had to improvise when it comes to giving chameleons their UV requirements and mineral supplements (supplements with D3). I have got UV lamps over all the enclosures. However the past bulbs or tube lights did not emit enough light with UV, light intensity, or heat to work as a good light substitute. I have got an new Italian basking light bulb that does not run to hot that appears to solve all of these problems. I am going to post about it soon.

Thanks for the link. Ideally I want a greenhouse with a UVA and B transmitting covering.

I did not introduce these two Calumma oshaughnessyi. The male is Walter and the female is Estelle.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom