My Green Monsters...The Melleri

jessica

Avid Member
Haven't had a chance to post pictures of the Melleri in awhile :D

This is Randy my Fluxlizard CB baby (not so much a baby anymore). I suspect Randy is a female just by her more recent behavior. She runs the free range literally lol

MPB6-1.jpg

MPB077-1.jpg

MPB157-1.jpg

MPB137-1.jpg

This is my big boy Joy. How do I know he is a boy you ask? He flashed me every day to prove it last January lol He is in the 2012 calender (proud mom moment :D) Oh he wasn't feeling pretty he has shed head

MPB064-1.jpg

MPB093-1.jpg

MPB084-1.jpg

Guess he decided to checkl out the feeder bucket lol

MPB159-1.jpg

And finally my little Crabman aka Crabby Patty. Crabman was a wild caught hatchling that was exported in a box of adults. When I got him he was no bigger then my thumb. He was lucky he wasn't some other chameleons dinner but in the process had the bottom row of teeth knocked out. He has chronic jaw problems but it doesn't stop him he is just an amazing little guy. He usually is a pretty green but I think he has a spidey sense of when the camera is lurking lol

MPB114-1.jpg

MPB097-1.jpg

MPB321-1.jpg

They all get along pretty well, especially after they figured out Randy is the boss lol

MPB_000115-2.jpg

MPB001-1.jpg

I also wanted to take a moment to remember the boy who started my love for Melleri.

This is Earl he was a rescue that stole my heart, it will be a year this month since he passed and not one day goes by that I don't think about him. Miss You Earl

Earl-1.jpg

Thank you for looking at the Melleri Family :D

:eek: Amazing as usual Jessica. They all look so happy :) Hoping to get melleri of my own someday because of threads like this!

Beautiful chams jessica, congratulations!
But don´t you it´s little risky too keep them together without knowing their sexes?
Is it sure that the little one is a male?
If not i´d think it might be better to keep him/her seperated just in case it´s a girl.
Don´t know if it would be good if she (in case it´s a female) would already mate and
develop eggs as i assume she a little bit behind in size (?)
Would just be concerned if she could handle that without being affected.

what do you feed them and how much do you of that sorce? cuz mine has his casque a little low pleae help :)

Jessica I fret daily over me melleri. I got him from Julie and he is so sweet. I am burn up the pm's asking you questions. Your chams and enclosure look great. I will need help as Rah gets older, oh and help now also.:eek:

I also wanted to take a moment to remember the boy who started my love for Melleri.

This is Earl he was a rescue that stole my heart, it will be a year this month since he passed and not one day goes by that I don't think about him. Miss You Earl

Earl-1.jpg

Thank you for looking at the Melleri Family :D

i love his name!
however i am sorry for your loss.

They all look great Jessica. Randy has grown so much. I know just how much you miss Earl.
Thank you Jann, just looking at Earls picture I still tear up. He was so special.

Beautiful chams jessica, congratulations!
But don´t you it´s little risky too keep them together without knowing their sexes?
Is it sure that the little one is a male?
If not i´d think it might be better to keep him/her seperated just in case it´s a girl.
Don´t know if it would be good if she (in case it´s a female) would already mate and
develop eggs as i assume she a little bit behind in size (?)
Would just be concerned if she could handle that without being affected.

Thank you for your concern with Crabman. I am not 100% if he is male or female. Crabman did not do well in a cage at all so he did have his own free range and every day he would climb down and go in with the big guys. Since he has been housed there he has packed on 20 grams and his appetite has improved drastically and for him not having bottom teeth that is a huge plus. I don't have heavy concern about Joy trying to breed with him/her due to the courtship pattern Melleri have towards each other and Joy has showed no interest in lil ole Crabby Patty. Rest assure though I monitor these guys thoroughly daily. Again thank you for your concern

Jessica I fret daily over me melleri. I got him from Julie and he is so sweet. I am burn up the pm's asking you questions. Your chams and enclosure look great. I will need help as Rah gets older, oh and help now also.:eek:

Aww Laurie anytime you need help just ask :D If I can't help you directly we will find someone who can ;)

Thank you everyone for the compliments! I just adore Melleri thay are such a wonderful chameleon to keep.

How big is that cage/free range you have all of them in? They are beautiful!

Their area is about 10+ feet long 9.5 feet high and 5 feet deep then they have another area in front of the window (when there are no ants :mad:) that is a stand about 4 feet long with trees and such so they get window time.

I will be adding on to make their area bigger after the New Year :)

Back
Top Bottom