my giant malagasy

alz

my giant malagasy loves to eat dandelion leaves, is this good for her,she will take them right out of your hand.any advice would be good.

Try asking during the day. Not many on at this time of night. American Time that is. didnt see your location sorry.

Last edited:
dandelion leaves have a very good Ca/P ratio, they are good for herbivorous reptiles so I don't think they can harm your cham! I didn't know giants (is it oustalet's?) eat vegetables!! :)

Different species of chams do sometime eat fruits and veggies when offered. I would offer him a variety of veggies and fruits and see what all he likes. Yes, dandelion leaves are safe for him.

My cham doesn't eat veggies, but I find that the crickets seem to love dandelion more than other veggies and my cham seems to love his crickets more when they've eaten dandelion.

giant Malagasy chameleon

can anyone tell me what it is, 2013-09-18-381.jpg 2013-09-18-381.jpg

Last edited:
That is a male oustalets chameleon. Is that what you were wanting is an id? As for dandelions idk, but if it hasnt died yet then he's probably fine.

That is a male oustalets chameleon. Is that what you were wanting is an id? As for dandelions idk, but if it hasnt died yet then he's probably fine.

Lack of hemipenal bulge, lower casque plus the green, yellow and red tones all indicate that is a female Oustalet's Chameleon (Furcifer oustaleti).

Lack of hemipenal bulge, lower casque plus the green, yellow and red tones all indicate that is a female Oustalet's Chameleon (Furcifer oustaleti).

Tbh, I just woke up and saw this so still kinda weiry, also reds and yellows dont nessacerly mean its a female. Rex has tones of red and yellows.

Dandylion flowers are great. Don't know if you guys have the same species over there as we do here in the US but lots of my lizards love these flowers. Pollen- yaay!

Hoggle has a huge wide tail base, looks like a jolly rancher is stuck up his butt almost. This is how I sexed mine.

Back
Top Bottom