My gecko laid eggs!...

Eltortu

Established Member
...and this time they may be viables! Well so far, anyways...she laid them on Tuesday 22 and they look healthy...now it is a wait and see... IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

what kind of gecko? i would suggest you getting another container and only making one whole on the side the size of a pencil. mark the top of the egg with a magic marker. go buy some vermiculite or hatchrite. weigh your container tare it on the scales weigh your vermic or hatch rite. then spray in as much water as you have substrate.make an indention that will cover the egg half way up.

in perlite and that container....your eggs will dehydrate in no time, good luck!

Last edited:
what kind of gecko? i would suggest you getting another container and only making one whole on the side the size of a pencil. mark the top of the egg with a magic marker. go buy some vermiculite or hatchrite. weigh your container tare it on the scales weigh your vermic or hatch rite. then spray in as much water as you have substrate.make an indention that will cover the egg half way up.

in perlite and that container....your eggs will dehydrate in no time, good luck!

Hi, it is hatchrite what I am using and there are holes all around the container. They are Leopard Geckos... :)

Well, she just laid two more eggs! Earlier as I was in my daily ritual of cage cleaning, noticed them inside their hiding place. So that makes four! :D

Congrats mate, dont let her mate more than once a year if you can, they can retain and have several clutches from the same mating, too many eggs depletes calcium just like chameleons. I keep a shallow bowl of D3 calcium in the enclosure all the time.
I see geckos licking it a night. They know when they need calcium imo.
cant wait till they hatch for you, I have gecko eggs due to hatch any day! :)

^^I am very excited and can't wait to see the eggs hatch! What kind of geckos do you have Jojackson?

Update on the eggs. One hatch a two weeks ago but died last week, one egg got mold and got rid of it. So I still have four in the incubator, let's see how that goes...

Lost one more egg today. It had mold and it started to smell, so to the trash it went...that leaves three...

She layed two more eggs yesterday and they look fine...so that makes five in the incubator...

Back
Top Bottom