My frist chameleon is on his way, any advise?

Richie 733

Well the time has arrived, my frist chameleon is on his way! any advise would be great. He is a Ambilobe Panther. He is 3 months old, I got him from Sceameleons, also ordered the complete set up. I have done my homework. I think the time is right. It was not an impluse buy...

Get a light timer! I just got one and it is really helping mine acclimate. The consistency keeps stress levels down. $6 at Walmart.

Just remember that 1st day hes been on a long journey. So leave him alone as much as possible in his cage. And mist him as much as possible to re-hydrate him. Just let cage dry out before lights out so dont mist last 2hrs of day so cage will dry. Good luck. Thats all i did when mine was shipped and by next morning when i fed him he ate like he had always been here.

Just give him a chance to settle in, the less he is bothered the better. Use the enjoy but don't let him see you doing it.

Congrats on your new friend, my advice is enjoy every moment and keep that camera handy for his/her quirky moments :D

My advice is to stay flexible...try not to get frustrated by the contradictory information you get and try to have fun.

Back
Top Bottom