My Free Range Project.

melric

Avid Member
I just bought a very large pothos for $8. And so begins the free ranging.

Attachments

• photo 1(7).jpg
    photo 1(7).jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 307
  • photo 2(7).jpg
    photo 2(7).jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 298
That is just a part time free range correct? For that it is great, otherwise start adding plants, lights, water, and only 4 million other things.:eek:

Yup. haha. It's pretty bare right now. I pretty much just left him up there long enough to take pictures. It's going to be a long project going around my room. I've seen a couple of them on the forums.

Careful - it's addicting :D
My veiled's part-time free range started as a single ficus tree in my living room. Now it takes up half my bedroom, and it's his home 24/7. Most of his plants are on top of book shelves or hanging from my 10 ft. ceiling. So, being all of 5 ft tall, I have to keep a ladder in my room now. Between his basking lights, his UVB lights, and my aquarium lights, I have not a single unused outlet and my room glows! I have to wonder what people think when they drive past my house and see all the light radiating from my window in the evenings. Haha.
I'm constantly adding new plants and new lights, drippers, etc. for him... it keeps getting bigger and bigger! I can't wait for the green houses to open back up for the spring so I can get him another ficus. I don't even have a cage for him anymore. But hey, it's my hobby, and he's a happy boy. He hates my guts, but he's happy... :rolleyes:

Your cham is gorgeous! I love the bright yellows.

Sounds like your project is ongoing. I wanna try and keep it simple, with about half my room, lol. I don't want any poopies on my bed, haha. Plus, it adds to the decor of your room. No one really has house plants these days.

Oh and thanks for the compliment.:eek:

Sounds like your project is ongoing. I wanna try and keep it simple, with about half my room, lol. I don't want any poopies on my bed, haha. Plus, it adds to the decor of your room. No one really has house plants these days.

Oh and thanks for the compliment.:eek:

You will have a jungle soon.lol Don't worry about poop on the bed - be like Warpdrive, he had a guest get dumped on. I forgot to ask if that friend ever visited again.:) Jann free ranges her chams and I didn't see any signs of poop laying about her home. I live in Montana so I would be lost with out my house plants, I must have close to 100.

haha, yeah i have a chair underneath one of the sides of the tree and some vines, my friend almost got a good one planted on his shoulder :D

Fail. lol. It's hard to keep the plants alive when you don't water them when they're so high up. Plus, I think they need more light.

I started building a free range area this weekend. I can't let anyone free range full-time due to my cats but at least everyone gets out-of-cage time on a regular basis.

And it has wheels so I can move it as needed. No drainage though ... has a dripper but most watering will be taken care of in their cages.

Hey melric, what about lights? Did not see them in the picture...
Well I never finished, lol. It was supposed to be a part time free range, but the pothos fell out of the ceiling. After that I got too lazy to use the stud finder and screw it back in. So fail. :eek:
I've been taking my chams outside though.

Prob just be easier to move into a jungle :) lol
Agreed! :D

Back
Top Bottom