My fisrt enclosure!

Kenidi

So I am getting a baby panther on the 30th and I just finished setting up the enclosure for him. There is a reptisun 10.0 UVB, a 60w house bulb for basking, all real plants with the exception of the bio vines, and a temp/humidity digital reader. If there is anything i missed of forgot, please let me know!

Sry about the bad pic, I could only find my cell camera.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you should use a 5.0 uvb light cuz 10.0 is too much. good luck :)

Darn that's what I ordered, but they sent me the 10.0 instead. I figured I'd put it up and see how it worked, and then someone would correct me if it was something I needed to return. :mad: Oh well looks like it's back in the box lol.

you could use some more vines and branches (walkways) Orchids are pretty to look at but not a very supportive plant plus, did you check if they are safe for chameleons? I know they are not on the FL chams safe plant list.Maybe it is fake? how big is your enclosure? You do not need a reptisun 10.0 for a baby panther. A 5.0 is sufficient.

Yeah, lose the 10.0. Thats not good for them. Get the 5.0 instead.

Okay sounds good. After reading thru the forums I knew to get the 5.0, but that's not what the supply company put in the box. :( Guess it's a good thing I have been getting everything ready ahead of time

you could use some more vines and branches (walkways) Orchids are pretty to look at but not a very supportive plant plus, did you check if they are safe for chameleons? I know they are not on the FL chams safe plant list.Maybe it is fake? how big is your enclosure? You do not need a reptisun 10.0 for a baby panther. A 5.0 is sufficient.

Oops forgot about the orchids. Those are also fake :D I have a 6ft long bio vine wrapping thru and around the umbrella plants, but I have another one I haven't put in yet. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where it should go lol. I will figure soumething out tho and throw that in too

You know you will need to upgrade to a larger cage when he gets bigger. They out grow their baby cages pretty fast.

You know you will need to upgrade to a larger cage when he gets bigger. They out grow their baby cages pretty fast.

The pic is a little misleading, as it only shows half the cage lol. It's a 2'x2'x4' which I thought was big enough for an adult, but maybe not lol. Either way, I am going to be building a larger one soon, Just figured I'd get a premade first so I can figure out the pro's and con's of it's construction, and go from there

Oh that is misleading. I thought it was tiny. LOL. No I have my Adult male panthers in a 2x2x4ft. cage. That is fine. But of course bigger is better.

that sounds pretty big for a baby. my cage is that big and my guys full grown. haha just make sure he gets his food!

that sounds pretty big for a baby. my cage is that big and my guys full grown. haha just make sure he gets his food!

I plan on cup feeding (or hand/tong feeding if he will allow it:D) for the most part until he gets a little bigger. I just haven't found the perfect cup yet, so it isn't in there. There is a big fluffy pothos on the bottom too just in case he is clumsy like me and falls in his big cage

Oops forgot about the orchids. Those are also fake :D I have a 6ft long bio vine wrapping thru and around the umbrella plants, but I have another one I haven't put in yet. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where it should go lol. I will figure soumething out tho and throw that in too

I was wondering if those were real orchids (and if they were cham safe) they look great in there, I wish habiscus weren't so hard to keep alive (and blooming) in a cage....

everybody else covered the changes that need made, great looking setup tho!

I was wondering if those were real orchids (and if they were cham safe) they look great in there, I wish habiscus weren't so hard to keep alive (and blooming) in a cage....

everybody else covered the changes that need made, great looking setup tho!

I read somewhere (god knows where at this point) that orchids were safe, but I am not sure, as they aren't on the list. I originally had a hibiscus, but I found out I am allergic to it, so I opted for plastic flowers lol. I needed to break up the green and make it a little more girly lol. I need to put in the other vine, but other than that I am super happy with how it turned out!

Last edited:
Sounds like you are building a great home there. Any pics on that home made mist system? I am curious to hear/see how it works out for you. :)

Can not tell for sure from the picture but is that an umbrella plant in there too? I'm fairly new to this, but if so, it looks like the wrong kind to me. Please check it out as needed. One kind is good and the other is not.

Sounds like you are building a great home there. Any pics on that home made mist system? I am curious to hear/see how it works out for you. :)

I am still looking for my camera. I tried to take pics of the mist system with my phone, but it's way to dark/blurry to make out anything specific :( Once I find it the cam tho I will definitely take pics.

Back
Top Bottom