My first rescue!!

Infinite ink

so i went to my nephews house to check out his chams, and he had a female in a very small all glass terrarium with only a few twigs, a basking lamp and some worms..

so after a few days of persuasion i managed to take the girl home with me. i now have her in a 18x18x36 glass/screen cage, she now has proper lighting and foliage...

any advice as this is my first rescue?

she does not seem to have any signs of mbd, but she is malnourished, was dehidrated and she seems to be a bit weak..

as of the moment she only stays near the bottom of the cage, but she has wandered upwards a few times. she has had a few crickets as of today (5)

here are a few pics of her.. her name is Tina..
DSC_1167.jpg

DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1163.jpg

DSC_1162.jpg

Good job on the rescue! That back leg looks a little funny (mbd?) to me. Maybe you should get her checked out with a vet.

im taking her to a vet on monday, i have a bin with dirt ready for her, i want her to get used to her cage for a day or two before i put it in there.
i did notice also that her skin around the toes is quite pink..
i dont really know how old she is but my guess is about a year..
she is very tiny compared to my 9 month old..

I have found that ELISA at ChamEO rescues is a GREAT resource- I just adopted a 2 year old fiesty male from them. They do a GREAT job rehabbing them!

tell her Pedro sent you!

www.chameo.org

My guess is that there is either some kind of infection in that back leg or some scar tissue from an old injury. Betting on the infection.
Lynda is wise to remind you about the laying bin, she is showing receptive coloration (the chameleon, not Lynda)

-Brad

Update on tina..
She is doing way better in her new cage. She has been perched right under her 5.0 light most of the day.
She has also been more active and is now drinking water, lots of it :) and she is eating very well. She is even taking some snips off her plant.

I have a bin set up for her now but she has not gone anywhere near it yet..
Thanx for the links and help guys, i will update on her vet checkup..

Those are some nice photos of a beautiful girl...may I ask what type of camera you are using?? And maybe what lens too if it is a dslr

im taking her to a vet on monday, i have a bin with dirt ready for her, i want her to get used to her cage for a day or two before i put it in there.
i did notice also that her skin around the toes is quite pink..
i dont really know how old she is but my guess is about a year..
she is very tiny compared to my 9 month old..

Veileds often have pink coloration around their toes. As long as none of her toes are swollen, stiff, dark colored, or missing claws, they are probably OK. She has nice colors!

MBD can be halted with good care, so she can do well from here on. She might have an old fracture in that odd leg but it might be stable on its own. An exray could tell you what condition her bones are in. Correct lighting, proper dusting and gutloading, and she may do fine for you. Remember, you can overdose calcium. More is not always better.

Back
Top Bottom