My first cham enclosure build

Robobob

Hello guys、 New owner of my first chameleon here!

I just got my eyes on this hobby after moving to a new town and coming across a reseller.

I bought my nosy be Marty the other day and i just finished building my first enclosure after some research、 please take a look and share your comments!

I use a glass cage because it's very dry air in the area i live so it's pretty much a requirement.

And sorry for the vertical filming..

Hello guys、 New owner of my first chameleon here!

I just got my eyes on this hobby after moving to a new town and coming across a reseller.

I bought my nosy be Marty the other day and i just finished building my first enclosure after some research、 please take a look and share your comments!

I use a glass cage because it's very dry air in the area i live so it's pretty much a requirement.

And sorry for the vertical filming..

I’d say the only real red flag is your lighting. You’d be much better of with a nice long T5HO uvb than that collection of smaller bulbs.

I think you should read through a few threads on this site regarding vivariums/enclosures and also husbandry threads for the chameleon you have, you will find everything you need to know through those threads

3DA25B1E-3B0C-4E67-8E05-60728C1CF51D.png

No, they don’t. CFLs are not an acceptable way of proving UVB for your Cham. The other two bulbs are fine for basking. His UVB should be provided by no less than a T8 fixture.

Other than that everything else looks pretty good. Maybe cover that bowl with a screen. Welcome to the Forums!
0990134E-2920-4FC2-A1FC-D705EBA398A3.jpeg
3CBFA430-F99F-46C5-9051-42B88D2AC570.jpeg
8AACAD45-DE35-4907-9ADB-1BE4B0302E6E.jpeg
8C176820-316C-48DB-9F10-F076A6293FCA.jpeg

Thank you for the feedback, it's great to get a second opition from experienced owners!

But this is still kind of confusing to me, as the light i've bought for them in the shape of CFLs are atleast in accordance with the manufacturers, especially designed for reptiles like chameleons.
Would a well established corporation like Exo Terra appears to be, be selling products that from the comments seems almost harmful to the animals they are intended for?

The stores that sells the animal also gave me these lights when i asked them about recommendations and they have been doing this for decades.

cham.png
cham2.png

Once again i appreciate the feedback but im really trying to understand why supplier with all their stated experience would give me such innacurate info about such a crucial detail about the animals well-being

Best regards

Last edited:
Compact uv lights do not work, everyday this is repeated. I wish people would research husbandry for their chameleons

Guess i'll have to get back to the store for some more shopping then.. just wish the resellers would tell me what was really recommended in the first place to avoid all the trouble.
What do you guys think about a combination of these?

Also, since there are two sockets, should i go with two of the uvb lights or one of the ones in the picture below along with a solar light?

144636088-origpic-536e6e.jpg
LightWave-2-24.jpg
You think i will be good off with a

Back
Top Bottom