My first babies are hatching!

Lathelia

Established Member
Yay! My very first babies started to hatch. Baby nr 1 came out yesterday and two more eggs are sweating! I'm so happy and worried at the same time. They are ambilobe x cap est.
Here are pics of the baby and proud parents :)
IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

congrats on your babies! they're so much fun but they do make you worry like crazy! get some fruit flies fast! they eat A LOT!

Congrats! I'm in the same place as you with my clutch hatching! Amazing how tiny they are right?! I've had several sit in the egg or half out looking like they're dead for several days before hatching. So if you see that don't panic. ;)

Thank you all so much :)
Congrats! I'm in the same place as you with my clutch hatching! Amazing how tiny they are right?! I've had several sit in the egg or half out looking like they're dead for several days before hatching. So if you see that don't panic. ;)
I didn't realize they would be so tiny! Thankfully I didn't see the first one hatching or I would have gone crazy worring about him! When I opened the incubator he was already out :)
The second one is on his way out
IMG_2063.jpg

My babies are month old! Yay!
The thing that worries me is none of them have shed. Is this normal?

I also lost one of the babies. His egg sweat and shrunk, but didn't slit. I cut the egg after five days, but it was too late :( Heartbreaking experience, but maybe he just wasn't meant to be...
IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

Aren't they fun to watch? They are so tiny, yet can do everything, I just love them. i am glad to hear they are doing well. We need more pictures as they grow.:)

I love the 3rd picture! It's like "Look how tough I am!" So cute!
I know! They are adorable :)
Yay! Fun times! Congrats!
Aren't they fun to watch? They are so tiny, yet can do everything, I just love them. i am glad to hear they are doing well. We need more pictures as they grow.:)
They are already showing some reds, but it's not easy to capture that ;)

Anyone have an idea when I should expect them to start shedding? I'm worried they are not growing fast enough :confused:

Babies are almost 3 months old and I'll have to part with a few soon :(
Most are getting light blues while other and getting more green, so they will probably differentiate form each other quite much.

Looks like they all got the "U" bar, but some have something like"I" between.

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02246.jpg

And proud daddy:

IMG_2259.jpg

How amazing! Babies are just so cute and growing up strong! Way to go :):)
Thank you :)

Babies are four months old now. Here is how the alpha male looks like:
m?ody ?ó?ty.jpg

I have no idea where the yellow came from since mom's sire was a green body red bar... :confused:

They look good! The picture of the baby on your finger was so cute! Question..... Did they shed yet? Just wondering. A newbie with chameleons here.

Where the yellow came from doesn't matter, your baby is beautiful wearing it. He is growing up very nicely. I still like the parents, as both look great. how many babies do you have? Congrats again, I love them.

They look good! The picture of the baby on your finger was so cute! Question..... Did they shed yet? Just wondering. A newbie with chameleons here.
Yes, they've shed 4 times so far (they are 4 months old). I was a bit worried at first, but they started their first shed at 5 weeks old :)
Where the yellow came from doesn't matter, your baby is beautiful wearing it. He is growing up very nicely. I still like the parents, as both look great. how many babies do you have? Congrats again, I love them.
Thank you. Actually that boy is sold. I had 15 babies, but 5 of them already have their new homes :)

Back
Top Bottom