My first ambilobe- Gender? or is it too early to Sex?

Chiichan

This little one is a few days shy of 2wks old.

I was wondering if it is possible to tell the gender this early or how old would they need to be to be able to really tell for sure?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 226
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 189
I'm leaning towards female, but I would be more certain if you could get pics of it from the side with the tail sticking straight out. I am looking for the presence/absence of a hemipenal bulge.

More Photos

Sorry it took a few days. By the time I get home from work and all settled it's already lights out.

I dont have a great camera as I am using my Iphone (4).. Hopefully these are somewhat better.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 146
Not the easiest to tell from pictures at only two weeks old but I believe you have a female. They are not old enough to have developed a bulge at this young stage but the males will still have an area that is more of a straight line where the hemipenes will develop in time which I don't see on this little one.

Not the easiest to tell from pictures at only two weeks old but I believe you have a female. They are not old enough to have developed a bulge at this young stage but the males will still have an area that is more of a straight line where the hemipenes will develop in time which I don't see on this little one.

Ah ok! I figured 2wks would probably be too early, I'm just super excited. :D

I'll post photos when it's older. Thank you!

I agree with this statement. I believe you have a female.

Back
Top Bottom