My FINALLY finished chameleon cage.

EDIT: his cage is fully bioactive I’be covered the surface of the dirt with leaf lit just so he doesn’t decide to digest it.
Hey everyone, so as you may not remember I asked for some help on my chameleons life a few months back about its cage and care, but also not only that I’ve fixed his cage tremendously.
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, male, unsure of age
Handling - Very rarely, almost never isn’t very fond of handing
Feeding - Crickets, Horn worms, Dubia Roaches and occasional super worms. The crickets are fed mostly leafy greens and a tiny bit of fruits.
Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus NoD at every feeding and Repashy Calcium LoD on the first and 15th of every month
Watering - He has two mist king nozzles a dual fixture and a single that usually takes care of it but occasionally I’ll give him an extra hand watering.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - ReptiBreeze screen terrarium 24x24x48 (2ft x 2ft x 4ft)
Lighting - Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 linear 5.0,Exo terra intense basking spot light 75w, Grow Plant Light
Temperature - (82-90F) in his basking, (66-72F) in the bottom.
Humidity - 35-45 for most of the day, 60-80% at night
Plants - He has a Ficus tree, and I don’t remember the names of the other plants sorry.
Placement - He’s in my reptile room, no traffic, but also no direct sunlight, and is on a table now.

Attachments

• 2BFED755-716D-47DF-836E-55F190644014.jpeg
    2BFED755-716D-47DF-836E-55F190644014.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 140
Use a regular incandescent 60-75 watt bulb. Those intense basking bulbs can cause burns. Temps should be 80-85 max at basking for a male. Make sure at night your getting a temp drop in the cage down below 70.
You want an 8-9 inch distance between the branches and the T5 with the 5.0 UVB bulb. Anything closer will put him in over exposure levels.

I thought it needed more climbing options also while I was making it I didn’t have to much stuff on hand though, so I’ll probably pick up some stuff outside tomorrow. And as for heating what bulb would you recommend? There’s a lot of different sources saying different things. If you know can you provide a link?

I thought it needed more climbing options also while I was making it I didn’t have to much stuff on hand though, so I’ll probably pick up some stuff outside tomorrow. And as for heating what bulb would you recommend? There’s a lot of different sources saying different things. If you know can you provide a link?
It is just a regular incandescent light bulb like you would use in your light fixtures. Typically a 60-75watt bulb does the trick.

Think they saying want link for
EDIT: his cage is fully bioactive I’be covered the surface of the dirt with leaf lit just so he doesn’t decide to digest it.
Hey everyone, so as you may not remember I asked for some help on my chameleons life a few months back about its cage and care, but also not only that I’ve fixed his cage tremendously.
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, male, unsure of age
Handling - Very rarely, almost never isn’t very fond of handing
Feeding - Crickets, Horn worms, Dubia Roaches and occasional super worms. The crickets are fed mostly leafy greens and a tiny bit of fruits.
Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus NoD at every feeding and Repashy Calcium LoD on the first and 15th of every month
Watering - He has two mist king nozzles a dual fixture and a single that usually takes care of it but occasionally I’ll give him an extra hand watering.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - ReptiBreeze screen terrarium 24x24x48 (2ft x 2ft x 4ft)
Lighting - Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 linear 5.0,Exo terra intense basking spot light 75w, Grow Plant Light
Temperature - (82-90F) in his basking, (66-72F) in the bottom.
Humidity - 35-45 for most of the day, 60-80% at night
Plants - He has a Ficus tree, and I don’t remember the names of the other plants sorry.
Placement - He’s in my reptile room, no traffic, but also no direct sunlight, and is on a table now.
Alright well I’ll see what I can find I’ll update you when everything’s fixed up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom