My Female wont drink, eat, and keeps her eyes closed. Help

Gutload....

You must gutload the crickets with more than oranges. You can use that as their water source. Fluker's dry gutload is available at most pet stores. Get that ASAP. Later on you can investigate other gutloads like "Cricket Crack" which is sold through this forum. Your baby is receiving very little nutrition right now. Crickets are only as good as what they are eating. Other gutloading items are collard greens, dandelion greens, sweet potato and carrots. These are given IN ADDITION to some sort of dry gutload. Your poor baby is slowly starving if oranges are the only thing the crickets have been given to eat.

How sure are you on her age? My female veiled had the same symptoms when she was egg bound at just over 7 months old.

Also, you need to be dusting the feeders with supplements... Have you had a chance to yet?

Not gravid...

There is a photobucket image of her on one of the posts. She does not look gravid in coloration, shape or size.......

Im not sure on her age, and when i got her the shop didn't have any suplements, but i have bought some online, i am taking her to the vets today as im getting really concerned that she may have eat some bark and she looks a little like she is wretching, i was told that she is 12 weeks old.

Hi there,
Welcome to the forums :D Just picking up on the orange to gut load your crickets. Although orange will cause no harm to the cham it doesn`t really have a good calcium/phosphorous rationso my vet told me last week. They suggest things such us the leaves from Broccoli or cabbage and perhaps even gutload pellets soaked it water.

I know exactly how you feel being told the wrong info as it happened to us when we got Gizzy. I cannot say how grateful i am to all the people on the forum who put me straight and helped me to achieve a good set up.

Hey everyone

Thank you so much for all your help, Lola is now at the vets and they want to keep her in for a few days as they think she is dying. Aparently the shop i bought her from is notorious for re selling reptiles people have brought back that are ill, telling them that their pet died.

Any Updates?

Any updates on your girl? I'm hoping she is showing some improvement at the vet.......I'd take your vet bills to the pet shop and ask for a refund for her and any inappropriate supplies you bought there. Keep her but get a refund for her.

Hey, Just got her back home :D, misted her cage and she started drinking the water droplets on the wall, also she has eaten a couple of crickets. I am so happy she is ok. YAY!!! Thank you everyone for all your help, i have changed the heat bulb down to a lower one and the uv bulb to 5.0 taken all the substrate out and the waterfall, put a drip system in for her. Just really annoyed at the pet shop to put it polietly.

Happy for you!

That is good news! What did the vet think was wrong? Please keep us updated and send us some updated pictures when you can :)

They think that it was stress more than anything, as she was in a really small tank when we got her and we put her into one that was a lot larger, to be honest im not sure if anyone really knows. i will pop some picks up of her tommorow,

On a seperate note as i am relativly new to chams is it normal for her skin around her tummy to look like ribs just after she has shed?

Not sure what you mean......

I'm not really sure what you are describing. I think the pictures would help us determine if she looks normal.....

The way she was holding the lower part of her abdomen in in the first picture you posted concerned me...I don't know what was causing it though.

The vet didn't give me any difinitave reason of what was actually wrong with her. They did an x-ray on her and couldn't find anything wrong there, they did some blood tests and everything was ok, kept her in overnight and couldn't find any problems. They found that she was wandering around and eating etc when they had her in a viv there, so it may have been the size of the viv that scared her and she just totaly freaked out because the viv i have her in is about 6 or 7 times the size the pet shop had her in. Thats about all they said to me, and then charged me loads of money lol. I'm just glad she is ok. Im still at work so i will pop new picks of her up as soon as i get home.

Pici's of Lola

Here are the pics i just took of her
IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

Sorry there so big but couldn't figure out how to make them smaller

Do you have any pictures of her whole cage? If she's stressed from moving to a bigger cage, maybe we can help you set it up better so she feels more secure :)

She's looks good to me in those new pictures, did you change the lights yet? Is she keeping her eyes open now?

Yea all the lights are changed over, her eyes are staying open, she is climing all over the place, will pop some pics up in a sec

Wow!

Wow! I think she looks really good! She looks well hydrated and filled out. Sure you can see a little outline of her ribs but at her age when they grow very quickly it's not surprising. A few days off not eating would cause that. I'd say you've done an excellent job getting her checked out and the cage issues corrected. I'd like to see a new picture of her set up. She looks like she's a real cutie :D

IMG_1262.jpg

This is her set up, i didn't want to get to close because she gets really angry with the flash on the camera.

Back
Top Bottom