My female Panther just laid eggs!

Herberaitor

My female Panther (hatch date last week of June 2018) just laid 17 eggs on March 3, 4, and 5 of 2019. She has not been with my male so I'm assuming the eggs are not fertile. I'm new to having a female and have had my male for almost 3 years now. I purchased my female from Kammerflage Kreations. Tried to contact them for advice but seems they just want to blow me off!!! Just looking for advice ? She seem fine but is there anything I should watch for?

That's good she laid the eggs. It's odd that it took her 3 days to do it. Usually they will lay all at once. If she hasn't been with a male the eggs are not fertile. How much does she weigh? Is she still in the lay bin?
As soon as the female is done laying I always set up a dripper, besides my mister, to give her additional water. I offer a couple super worms as well. The super worms are a great source of hydration.

She should be OK. Just keep her hydrated now. Do you want to breed her? No, the eggs will not be fertile. She will keep laying eggs even if she has not mated. You can watch for receptive colors that will indicate when she will want company.

I just saw my female on the bottom of the cage for the first time so I'm getting worried she is going to lay her first infertile clutch. I plan to breed her with Merlin when she is a year old but I'm still very nervous about having to take care of so many babies haha.

That's good she laid the eggs. It's odd that it took her 3 days to do it. Usually they will lay all at once. If she hasn't been with a male the eggs are not fertile. How much does she weigh? Is she still in the lay bin?
As soon as the female is done laying I always set up a dripper, besides my mister, to give her additional water. I offer a couple super worms as well. The super worms are a great source of hydration.

Again this is my first female experience, I wasn't expecting her to be laying eggs this soon. Penelope is only 8 months old. I have a dripper in place and gave her a hornworm along with dusted crickets. Have not weighed her, but will start so I will have a base point from now on.

I just saw my female on the bottom of the cage for the first time so I'm getting worried she is going to lay her first infertile clutch. I plan to breed her with Merlin when she is a year old but I'm still very nervous about having to take care of so many babies haha.

Josh I know just how you feel! LOL

Sounds like she is doing good. She is eating and drinking. How does her color look. ?

Chameleon Mike, yes her color is normal for her. Best pics I could get of her right now.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom