My female is still sick.. HELP!?

I posted about this a while back.. Its been months that she has been closing her eyes and hasent eaten without forcefeeding. Idk what else to do. My vet and I have tried Reptaid, numerous antibiotics (for respitory infection), eye drop anti biotics (for eye infection), vitamin A, and saline solution + humidity up + warm showers. Nothing has helped. She still closes her eyes unless its right after i have sprayed water into them and she cleans them, then she can open them. her spit is sometimes stringy and she wheezes (which is why we tryed treating her for respitory infection). She also has puffiness around her shoulders too her chest. and sometimes her body seems so fat it is going to explode, like she has eggs, but then other times she can be tiny and skinny, so I know she doesnt have eggs. here are some pictures. please help me out.

AM59M.jpg

RyD5P.jpg

edema= build up of fluid under the skin.

if its in her face it could.

i would try antibiotics again..

get better pix,

ask carol, her cham lenny had some man boobs for a while. :rolleyes:

edema can take months to go away.

would also consider a new vet, as it seems yours cant make a decision on how to treat.

wheezing and mucus are a RI.

edema causes are too much of something.. cant remmeber what.

could it be too much vit a? my vet really thought that it was vitamin a because he said if it was an eye infection then it would have done more damage by now.

Hi there. My cham had gular edema which is th region under the chin and the chest area. His whole body and limbs were kinda puffy too but nothing to the extent of yours.The cham came to me that way in February so I have no idea what caused it but I do know that he had been this way for over a year and a half. Honestly, I do not have a clue what is going on with your cham. It is much different looking than what mine had. I have never really seen one so swollen up like that that was not gravid. You cannot tell from your pics if she has gular edema, but you say her neck and chest is swollen so I am sure that is one of the issues going on. Here is link for you to check out on gout and gular edema. Wish i could be of more help. Sorry she is in such bad shape. http://chamworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/health-section-f-gout_28.html

I posted about this a while back.. Its been months that she has been closing her eyes and hasent eaten without forcefeeding. Idk what else to do. My vet and I have tried Reptaid, numerous antibiotics (for respitory infection), eye drop anti biotics (for eye infection), vitamin A, and saline solution + humidity up + warm showers. Nothing has helped. She still closes her eyes unless its right after i have sprayed water into them and she cleans them, then she can open them. her spit is sometimes stringy and she wheezes (which is why we tryed treating her for respitory infection). She also has puffiness around her shoulders too her chest. and sometimes her body seems so fat it is going to explode, like she has eggs, but then other times she can be tiny and skinny, so I know she doesnt have eggs. here are some pictures. please help me out.

AM59M.jpg

RyD5P.jpg
I know this was a long time ago but did you ever solve your chams problem? Mine is similar but not to this extent

Back
Top Bottom