my female ambilobe liad 21 eggs

canzoman

Mom is doing well and here is a pic.

Attachments

• 2011-01-09_15-35-03_943.jpg
    2011-01-09_15-35-03_943.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 129
I've never tried that and I'm not sure it would work. I suspect that once coconut fibre starts to dry out it will leach the moisture out of those eggs causing them to die. I'd pop those eggs into moistened vermiculite (1:1 vermiculite to water by weight) or Perlite within the next few days. Both can be found in the plant sections of department and hardware stores.

I've never tried that and I'm not sure it would work. I suspect that once coconut fibre starts to dry out it will leach the moisture out of those eggs causing them to die. I'd pop those eggs into moistened vermiculite (1:1 vermiculite to water by weight) or Perlite within the next few days. Both can be found in the plant sections of department and hardware stores.

I would agree:p. Also to add, make sure the container is a larger one where you can fit at least 2 inches of vermiculite in it. I had trouble once with a clutch of eggs from a Kinyongia tavetana. I put them in a smaller container because the female only laid 11 eggs. The medium dried out much quicker and I suspect some of the eggs started to hatch early because of me having to add water more frequently.

Glad the female is doing good and those eggs look good too!! Hope all works out for them.

I have used it successfully for vieleds and leopards geckos with out issues. I check it once a week and add water if needed.

Congratulations on those eggs. I am waiting on a clutch too. What kind of incubator do you use? I was trying to get some info on which might work better for chams.....

I would agree:p. Also to add, make sure the container is a larger one where you can fit at least 2 inches of vermiculite in it. I had trouble once with a clutch of eggs from a Kinyongia tavetana. I put them in a smaller container because the female only laid 11 eggs. The medium dried out much quicker and I suspect some of the eggs started to hatch early because of me having to add water more frequently.

Glad the female is doing good and those eggs look good too!! Hope all works out for them.

Thanks for the info though. If I do notice them losing moisture I will consider switching but I really don't like to change things up if they work for me.

Back
Top Bottom