My favorite enclosure

Chammy007

Established Member
Hello, I absolutely love this terrarium. I want to base my enclosure on it. How would you go about recreating it? Which plant life, moss, vines, substrate, etc? It’s for a Zen Habitats 4x2x2. I’ve recently decided ‘ll be going with a veiled chammy. Thanks much.peace

7B0E0538-E2C7-438E-A8D7-81F1520D62A5.jpeg

Im dont know how to make a bioactive setup but I have a friendly tip when you start building it. There is not enough horizontal branches and leaves for your cham to hide. Good luck with your enclosure it looks really cool! He will be like some dragon from Lord Of The Rings in there!

Hello, I absolutely love this terrarium. I want to base my enclosure on it. How would you go about recreating it? Which plant life, moss, vines, substrate, etc? It’s for a Zen Habitats 4x2x2. I’ve recently decided ‘ll be going with a veiled chammy. Thanks much.peace

View attachment 293938
Hi, you can go bioactive. Read the articles on chameleon academy and look at the threads about it on here using the search feature. You cannot have moss, it’s a carrier for bacteria. But you can have branches and them wrap them with a pothos vines . Then you can put some ferns in the back to create the same look as in the picture. However, with a chameleon cage there will need to be way more branches and coverage in the middle.

.....Moss is fine.... the concern is for fake moss that can cause choking/impacting. Now real moss can be tricky to keep in a cham enclosure. I had it in mine and it thrived under the bright lights and misters, but tended to die off where it was a little more dry.

That enclosure OP posted is an award winning enclosure I believe. Something like that takes a lot of artistic skill to create. It's also made for high humidity, that's not what a chameleon habitat(at least veileds) would be like and the required humidity would be too high. That said you could definitely recreate aspects of it with more branches and plants like creeping fig that cover similar to moss. People that create beautiful enclosures like this tend to have practice and a natural knack for art so it's hard to tell you how to make it. It'd be like telling someone how to paint an amazing picture, sure there's guidelines, but in the end it's up to you 👍

Back
Top Bottom