My enclosure upgrade

JaniP

Established Member
i just wanted to share my enclosure upgrade. The stand, canopy and back wall are from Greg at Cornels World here in Alberta. My boys are loving the space upgrade. I'm still working on drainage so I've had Tupperware (they are out getting a sterilize at the moment) at the bottom.

I'm still adding foliage and vines as I see where it is needed. The plants along the left side are live and are hanging from metal loops drilled in to the frame.

There's also some PJ pics of my boys for fun.

Thanks for looking ^_^

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 142
Did you make those side dowels or buy them? If bought, where?
Side dowels...the lattice on the side? I bought it at a dollar store. They are with the outdoor gardening supplies :) they also have them at Home Depot for an inflated price as they are exactly the same.

Side dowels...the lattice on the side? I bought it at a dollar store. They are with the outdoor gardening supplies :) they also have them at Home Depot for an inflated price as they are exactly the same.
Thanks. It gives me ideas for the next cage, when my cham is an adult and will need a bigger habitat.

Thanks guys!
I've had a few additional questions about the lattice in other places and I will add that the main reason I picked them is because my panther is REALLY bad for climbing the screen. He's missing some nails. This helps deter him, though he does still try for some reason. But mostly he climbs the lattice.

Thanks guys!
I've had a few additional questions about the lattice in other places and I will add that the main reason I picked them is because my panther is REALLY bad for climbing the screen. He's missing some nails. This helps deter him, though he does still try for some reason. But mostly he climbs the lattice.

I got this screen at home depot for my enclosure and its really wide and Ghost loves it ill put a link. The holes are 1 inch wide so you don't have to worry about nails.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-in-x-2-ft-x-10-ft-Poultry-Netting-308400EB/204331887

Nice setup!
Can you please tell me about the stand / hood?
You mention the store but I could not dind them. Price?
Thanks!

Nice setup!
Thanks!
It's from Greg at Cornel's World http://cornelsworld.com/ also look him up on facebook for some better examples of what he can do custom wise :)

Not counting the screen cages it was about 1650 Canadian :) with the cages and other little extras my bill was about 2k. I find it is well worth it.

The canopy is supported by a water proofed back wall to prevent over spray and the inside has shelves and plenty of storage.

Nice setup!
Thanks!
I guess I didn't tell you much about them lol.

Together it's a little over 7ft high. The canopy has a hinged roof and it does take 2 people and an unstable kitchen chair pyramid to get the lights in an out. The back has vents to prevent over heating and lined holes for cords on each side. It's made out of birch. I will one day paint it, I'm just not sure on colour.

Back
Top Bottom