My diy mister

Kostas

So this is video of my diy mister running. All parts ran me around 45$ and its fine mist so im happy :)
What y'all think
My misting system
quality is pretty bad, sorry bout it was done with phone :(

Still trying to figure out drainage right know i have holes on the bottom which works but its not perfect

oh my bad
for pump i got :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170704383503?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
for misting head i got :
mist heads (had to trim it down since i only need 1 mist head tried 3 works fine with that pump still comes out as fine mist.
Had old cellphone charger which i connected to pump, and i had 1 hose for water intake.

oh almost forgot and i also got pvc 1/2 to 3/4 converter which was like 1dollar .
all in all im happy with it might have to get better hose for misting head since this one is stiff and all but i wanted to test the pump lol and had limited time so went for easy route lol

Pretty much the route I went except for a pump with higher pressure rating and it is currently running six cages/nozzles. You forgot to list your power supply. That's important. I burned up a couple before finding the one I'm using now, and it still is not right because it pulses. It has over current protection and the pump pulls too many amps for it.

After all of the mis-steps I probably have more into it than a Mistking or Aquazamp.:eek:

my power supply is actually rather small lol, D-link adapter ( had just laying around) 5V 3A lol and it works decent i might change it to something bigger since i have quite abit of power supplies at home.
And yeah i figured i might end up paying more then mistking system, but for me its fun to do things like that :)

my power supply is actually rather small lol, D-link adapter ( had just laying around) 5V 3A lol and it works decent i might change it to something bigger since i have quite abit of power supplies at home.
And yeah i figured i might end up paying more then mistking system, but for me its fun to do things like that :)

What is the max wattage of your pump? Mine is 60W which means I need a 5A supply. I've been running it off a 2.5A supply that has over-limit protection so it pulses. I got a 5A supply coming this week.

I'm the same way, spend more time and money making something myself than just buying a pre-built system. It's not about money for me, it's about learning new things and having fun doing it. More fun when it actually works especially if it takes doing it ten times. :)

What is the max wattage of your pump? Mine is 60W which means I need a 5A supply. I've been running it off a 2.5A supply that has over-limit protection so it pulses. I got a 5A supply coming this week.

I'm the same way, spend more time and money making something myself than just buying a pre-built system. It's not about money for me, it's about learning new things and having fun doing it. More fun when it actually works especially if it takes doing it ten times. :)

12v 1.8 A so not powerfull but gets job done for what i need :)

12v 1.8 A so not powerfull but gets job done for what i need :)

That calculates to 21.6W so power supply is not as demanding as mine.
Your power supply puts out enough amps, your pump can still run fine on the lower 5V, just probably not as much pressure. Since you are using a sprinkler type misting nozzle you don't need high psi anyway. You might try a 12V supply if you have one handy. You'd probably get better atomization (small droplets). I'm using the nozzles they use for misting produce, so it needs high psi to atomize correctly. I'm eventually going to try to use 20 nozzles and see if mine will do it.

Good to hear from another DIY'er.

That calculates to 21.6W so power supply is not as demanding as mine.
Your power supply puts out enough amps, your pump can still run fine on the lower 5V, just probably not as much pressure. Since you are using a sprinkler type misting nozzle you don't need high psi anyway. You might try a 12V supply if you have one handy. You'd probably get better atomization (small droplets). I'm using the nozzles they use for misting produce, so it needs high psi to atomize correctly. I'm eventually going to try to use 20 nozzles and see if mine will do it.

Good to hear from another DIY'er.

yeah my nozzle aint the best but for now its alright, i need to figure out situation with the cage for now lol. Way to big for small carpet, so my next thing is to get smaller cage and put both cages on my misting system. At which point ill upgrade the nozzle and power supply :)

Back
Top Bottom