My DIY Feeder Cup...

These feeder cups look awesome, great idea - I may just have to make some of these when I'm making my new cages this weekend:)

Also, I have found gutter guard at the dollar store.

Great looking feeder cup, its good to hear that you tested it with worms. I was wondering how they would react in a feeder cup. Great DIY and thanks for sharing, I want to link this page to my DIY thread.

I just figured out the specifics for Home Depot. My shopping list there is (caps to build four):

Qty. 1 White Vinyl Square Fence Post (Common: 4 in. x 4 in. x 6 ft; Actual: 4.0 in. x 4.0 in. x 72.0 in.)
Store SKU# 283346
Internet/Catalog# 202084744
$16.97

Qty. 8 White Vinyl Pyramid Fence Post Top (Common: 4 in. x 4 in.; Actual: 4.125 in. x 4.125 in. x 1.303 in.)
Store SKU# 294895
Internet/Catalog# 202093607
$19.76

Qty. 1 1/2 in. Neodymium Rare-Earth Magnet Discs (6 per Pack)
Store SKU# 632137
Internet/Catalog# 202526367
$3.98

Qty. 1 Amerimax Home Products 6 in. x 20 ft. Black Roll Gutter Guard
Model # 85198
$2.48​

That's what I came up with anyhow. I probably should get more magnets while I'm there. Looks like I'll have to wait for the Gutter Guard, internet order only, but I can have it sent to a store to avoid shipping.

Please most definitely reply with a link to what you come up with. Get creative and share for everyone to enjoy.

These feeder cups look awesome, great idea - I may just have to make some of these when I'm making my new cages this weekend:)

Also, I have found gutter guard at the dollar store.

Creations from the north, the south, the east, and the west. Please share what you come up with for sure. :D

yepper, just w/ two nickle sized magnets. both feeders that I built have been working out great.

I just made two of these exact feeders yesterday thanks to the OP and this awsome idea. The only difference for me was I used screen instead of the gutter guard because when I used the gutter guard the small crickets didn't seem to want to use it. I have small Jackson's so I need small crickets. I had roaches and worms all climb the feeder and so far it seems nothing has escaped. The only change I would make for mine is I put the screen to high so the bugs go out of view sometimes but that is my view probably not the chams view. Any way thanks again for this post this was just what I was looking for.

I just made two of these exact feeders yesterday thanks to the OP and this awsome idea. The only difference for me was I used screen instead of the gutter guard because when I used the gutter guard the small crickets didn't seem to want to use it. I have small Jackson's so I need small crickets. I had roaches and worms all climb the feeder and so far it seems nothing has escaped. The only change I would make for mine is I put the screen to high so the bugs go out of view sometimes but that is my view probably not the chams view. Any way thanks again for this post this was just what I was looking for.

Definitely share some pics. I'm curious to see your version.

I too think I'm going to modify how high the screen goes up into them. I have seen some feeders trying to crawl around the top seam and possibly escape that way. I want to stop the mesh about 1-1.5" from the top, and I think there would be no problem then.

Back
Top Bottom