my custom enclosure

infamouslife220

here is the cage i built..im a first time chameleon owner so i took my time trying to make it the best that i can..any suggestions?

chameleoncage.jpg

rblank007

Do you have a UVB linear bulb, such as a ReptiSun 5.0, to go over the cage as well? I only see two regular light bulb fixtures in the picture. Nice cage by the way :) Any pictures of the lucky recipient of this home-made home?

Cage looks good, the screen does seem to be a little big if your going to free range the crickets. They might be able to get out. But just add some live plants and more branches and that is a good start. Be sure to get the reptisun 5.0 linear tube as well as a houshold bulb for heat.

did you treat the wood at all?
If not, those thing gets moldy fast as a chameleon habitat.

That's a huge branch for the cage - you really want to stick w branches that have a diameter small enough that your chameleon can get his foot half way around it. You also need that UVB light like they mentioned. What does the top and bottom look like?

That looks like Hardware cloth! Is that stuff alright to use with Chams? I have a ton of it, since I make my own rodent tubs, in 1/4" square size, but I thought it was too rough...that you shouldn't use metal wire mesh on chameleon cages.

If I'm wrong, then great! That cage of yours looks really good, and you do need to get some slimmer branches and the UVB tube, but otherwise nice building. :D

looks great i actually have a cage very similarily made that i made a few years ago that ill use as a "outside summer" enclosure... nice enclosure!

That looks like Hardware cloth! Is that stuff alright to use with Chams? I have a ton of it, since I make my own rodent tubs, in 1/4" square size, but I thought it was too rough...that you shouldn't use metal wire mesh on chameleon cages. If I'm wrong, then great!

I thought this too? If this be the case i may look into building my own cage depending on how things go with my 'baby' cage first.

Back
Top Bottom