My Chams one eye is shut

SunkistCham

So yesterday when my chameleon woke up he was fine he ate a few bugs and drank some water, then I went in my cham room after my morning feedings to check on them and he was in his tree with one eye shut, the eye seems to appear okay, he can open it and use it, it's plumpy when it's open it moves good, he was awake tho while he was in his tree all day yesterday, so I'm not sure what's going on, I left him alone all day yesterday and just checked on him a billion times, so this morning I go in there and get him up he started moving around and he ate 2 superworms, and he's drinking water right now ..he's moving around fine with both his eyes open, also his lip looks a swollen, and what research I've done says it's a vitamin A Deficiency.. so I was wondering how I go about fixing this, is there a supplement I can get for extra vit a? Does he need to go to the vet? I feel like I'm gonna take him anyways..

ok so for details about my Cham

Ambilobe Panther Male Almost 2 years old

75w white basking bulb

Basking spot ambient temp is 80

(I'm putting 65w bulbs in today and change all my uvb bulbs today also)

4ft T5 HO 5.0 UVB

His cage size is 4ft wide x 4ft tall 2x deep Drangonstand atrium

Arcadia earth pro a every feeding and repashy multivitamin on the 1st and 15th of every month

MistKing 3 mistings a day

1- right after their lights come on for 3 min

1- sometime in the afternoon for like a min and a half

1- about a hour before their lights shut off for 3 mins

I don't have direct foggers into my cages I run a humidifier at night only

I have all real plants, pothos a ficus tree, and a schefflera

I gut load with bug burger and joshs frogs water crystals

They eat crickets, superworms, bsfl, roaches and sometimes hornworms, and silkworms when I can get my hands on them..

I have a whole Cham room so it's not a high traffic area, my chams are pretty stress free, they can't see each other..I don't know what else y'all need to know.. any suggestions or Opinions are completely welcome, I can also take criticism, if it's gonna help my Cham.. thanks in advance

Attachments

• 3DCE9C1C-47EA-4D2A-8E26-E7F4D99AC717.jpeg
    3DCE9C1C-47EA-4D2A-8E26-E7F4D99AC717.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 100
  • BDED9DA6-BDB3-4659-908D-A5F7FB1CCA25.jpeg
    BDED9DA6-BDB3-4659-908D-A5F7FB1CCA25.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 98D0348B-C74E-424D-9563-F5AC20F1D359.jpeg
    98D0348B-C74E-424D-9563-F5AC20F1D359.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 5E9D4781-AFBC-4D0E-AA30-6671E7AED5D3.jpeg
    5E9D4781-AFBC-4D0E-AA30-6671E7AED5D3.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 21A345E5-9F64-4F46-A7FF-FB1D26A84593.jpeg
    21A345E5-9F64-4F46-A7FF-FB1D26A84593.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 98
Could he have gotten some debris from the Exo Terra vines in his eye? Exo Terra vines are notorious for their vines getting debris knocked off them (sometimes with some debris going in the eye when chams rub their faces/eyes on them). You can always take him to an experienced cham vet for them to get a closer look at his eye to make sure nothing is wrong and if they can see something microscopic in it

Could he have gotten some debris from the Exo Terra vines in his eye? Exo Terra vines are notorious for their vines getting debris knocked off them (sometimes with some debris going in the eye when chams rub their faces/eyes on them). You can always take him to an experienced cham vet for them to get a closer look at his eye to make sure nothing is wrong and if they can see something microscopic in it
I plan on calling the vet first thing in the morning, and I'm about to get rid of all the eco terra vines, I live in pa and it's winter right now, so as soon as we have a nice day I'm gonna go find some sticks outside and sanitize them..

I plan on calling the vet first thing in the morning, and I'm about to get rid of all the eco terra vines, I live in pa and it's winter right now, so as soon as we have a nice day I'm gonna go find some sticks outside and sanitize them..
Sounds great!

Its hard to say from your pics but from what i can see IMO, I dont think hes deficient. I would agree with getting rid of those exoterra vines👌im not familiar with repashys multivitamin, not sure if it has performed vitamin A or not but I also use arcadia supplements and have had good success with it. Earthpro-nearly every feeding
Calcium pro and revitalize D3 i alternate between on the 1st and 15th

Keep an eye on him and see if its still bothering him. He mightve just been trying to clean it out himself, chameleons are constantly cleaning their eyes so it is not abnormal if he just did it for a lil bit.

🍻

Its hard to say from your pics but from what i can see IMO, I dont think hes deficient. I would agree with getting rid of those exoterra vines👌im not familiar with repashys multivitamin, not sure if it has performed vitamin A or not but I also use arcadia supplements and have had good success with it. Earthpro-nearly every feeding
Calcium pro and revitalize D3 i alternate between on the 1st and 15th

Keep an eye on him and see if its still bothering him. He mightve just been trying to clean it out himself, chameleons are constantly cleaning their eyes so it is not abnormal if he just did it for a lil bit.

🍻
Well the Arcadia earth pro A is a good vitamin a supplement from what research I've done, I'm gonna go check my repashy multivitamin right now, but his grip is still good, his poop his good, he's eating but not as much as he usually would but he's eating something, he's drinking water the past 2 days, so I'm starting to think he messed his eye up somehow.. because I've done so much research it's disgusting, so I can provide the best life for my chameleon, I've been leaving him alone when he sits with it shut because if he did scratch it I feel like he should let it heal, but hopefully I can get him into the vet tomorrow

Any possibility he could have poked himself in the eye with a dead or pruned ficus branch or twig? 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom