My Chams Home, Advice Welcome

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
Ok, so a lot of people have been telling me that I need to be more organized with my forums and stuff in that matter. So here I am, this one is where I will take all the help I can get for my little girl and her house. I know I need a nesting box I’m working on it, but any thing else you see please feel free to speak out!!
(And someone plz send the list that I need to fill out bc I can’t find it) thanks!!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Please include VERY DETAILED pictures and answer EVERY question THOUROUGHLY

Ok like I am pretty frustrated here.... I spent 30 minutes going through your help form in the other thread... Hopefully if I re post it here you will read it.

See all feedback in Red Bold.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, and 4 months. 3 days You will need a lay bin.. They lay infertile eggs like chickens do. Here is a good blog. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/
  • Handling - Not often at all
  • Feeding - crickets and mealworms. 8 crickets 5 mealworms? 5 of both in the mornings 3 more crickets at night. flukers orange cubes Stop feeding mealworms they have very little nutritional value. It would be better to feed all crickets then to include the mealworms. See image for feeders. Diversity in what you feed is important. See Gutload image. It is important to feed your feeders so they can pass the nutrients on to your cham. Your flukers does nothing except hydrate the crickets. Feed her all at once in the morning so she has all day to bask and digest. You will want to also learn about the difference in feeding amounts for females they get reduced amounts because the more they eat the more eggs they have. The blog speaks to this too.
  • Supplements - I dust all of the crickets everyday with calcium powder What kind of calcium powder? Does it have D3 in it? She should be getting calcium without D3 at every feeding except 2 times a month she should have calcium with d3 and 2 times a month she should have a multivitamin. You can also look into Repashy calcium plus LoD and just use this as the only supplement to use on all feeders. dusting should be light not powdered donut effect.
  • Watering - dripper, fogger, and handmisting? i mist about 2 times a day for 2 min ? i dont see her drinking? You wont see her drink unless she is desperate or is comfortable with you. This link is a great podcast on naturalistic hydration. https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-89-naturalistic-hydration-for-chameleons/ Any of his podcasts are wonderful and a good way to learn quickly.
  • Fecal Description - fecals are normal and her urate is white. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?no Get her stool tested it is not uncommon for them to have parasites when bought from stores.
  • History - she was born somewhere in febuary

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? WHAT is the cage size... You will want a 2x2x4 to accommodate a permanent lay bin.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? We need to know this. You will need a T5HO fixture. If the fixture is a single or dual bulb you will get a 5.0 bulb. If it is a quad (4 bulbs) you will need a 10.0 bulb. Get the fixture in the 24 in length so you do not have to buy another one for the permanent cage. Lights should be on for 12 hours and total darkness for 12 hours. Basking branch should be 7-8 inches below the fixture. Fixture sits right on the cage.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? We have to know this... She should be at 85 max at basking at this age... This is another thing that gets adjusted slightly lower when she is of egg laying age.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? around 50%How are you creating and maintaining these levels? fogging and misting What do you use to measure humidity?hydrometer Never fog during the day... Only at night when it is cool. She is fine with levels during the day between 30-50% max. Listen to the podcast on hydration that I gave you.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?no but im planning to put in hibisqis plant Hibiscus requires high light... I would stick to pothos or a dwarf umbrella tree or both. put 1 inch or larger river rock on the top of the soil to keep her from eating the dirt.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? dressser in my room Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? no At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? like 8 ft
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? houston texas
Additional links.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/

chameleon-food(1).jpg

chameleon-non-uvb-light.jpg

chameleon-gutload.jpg

chameleon-uvb-light.jpg

And I am going to add because I just read that you are in 7th grade... I apologize for not being patient with you but you are going to need to pay attention to every bit of info that your given... If you do not have the financial support from your parents then you should not have a chameleon. They are not cheap animals to keep and without all the proper items they get sick and die.

if anyone has a pic of what their laying bin looks like plz post it, im kinda confused. my cage is screen 2x2x4

I know you probably thought your $60 chameleon was going to be easy and cheap... You are not alone here. I can't tell you how many new members I've tried to help like you in your same exact shoes. The pet store lied to you. I'm sorry for that. All you can do now is either make the recommended improvements and buy the proper equipment or return the chameleon. If you change nothing he will most likely die or be inflicted with MBD. Harsh I know but this is the world of Chameleons

if anyone has a pic of what their laying bin looks like plz post it, im kinda confused. my cage is screen 2x2x4
@Beman posted the links for you in your other thread about laybins. You're seriously not listening. You're going to lose people's help this way. Also I see you viewing threads you have no business even viewing imo you need to be viewing threads on how to better your chameleons life and home. Like what lighting do I need? What does a proper enclosure look like? What's a good lay bin? Not what you are viewing.

You didnt do anything that was asked of you. Finish filling out the form, and post the pictures that were requested. I understand that you are in 7th grade, but that is not an excuse to not give proper care to a living animal.

@Beman posted the links for you in your other thread about laybins. You're seriously not listening. You're going to lose people's help this way. Also I see you viewing threads you have no business even viewing imo you need to be viewing threads on how to better your chameleons life and home. Like what lighting do I need? What does a proper enclosure look like? What's a good lay bin? Not what you are viewing.
I reposted everything in this thread as well.

Back
Top Bottom