My chamelon rango has trouble eating

We went to the vet today and they said he is suffering from failure to thrive and said he is in critical condition and all we can do now is completely redo his lights in his enclosure since he perked up in the vets office under their lights. Currently he is on hydration injections, calcium liquid by mouth, and making him eat all his special food once a day to build his strength back up.
She said if this doesn't work then the next option is euthaniztion.
Hope everything works out 🤞

We went to the vet today and they said he is suffering from failure to thrive and said he is in critical condition and all we can do now is completely redo his lights in his enclosure since he perked up in the vets office under their lights. Currently he is on hydration injections, calcium liquid by mouth, and making him eat all his special food once a day to build his strength back up.
She said if this doesn't work then the next option is euthaniztion.
So sorry for you both!😞 I’m so hoping he recovers. 🤞

Where do you live?
Can you get him outside for some real sun?
What's the special food? Be careful not to choke him with it or aspirate it into his lungs.
The vet gave us critical care herbivore fine grind food and told us to give him a dose of that once a day until he wants to eat roaches again (if he makes it to that point) and even then to adminster it with roaches until he gets healthy. We can take him outside for real sun and we are very careful when giving him the food and make sure we don't choke him in the process. In addition to this tho with the hydration injection in him i feel like he is more alert than he was

The vet said he was more alert today which is good and he has used the bathroom. They said to bring him back next week for a injection if hes still around and to make sure we continue to feed him his food and hydrate him by either letting him get it from the drips or soaking him in water for 10-15 mins.
He has been alert and a little more active today which makes me happy :)

Back
Top Bottom