my chameleon wont shed

The plant "hangs" from the cage and becuase I just changed it . I am planning to slowly add more and more stuff, also yes I will not force him to shed. ThE plant takes up most of the space in the cage and the other thing I have is the dry tree branch

The enclosure

Attachments

• 20181025_080534.jpg
    20181025_080534.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 105
Are the lights on the side or top of the cage? Put in at least a couple more branches and vines, mostly horizontal, and try hanging the pothos off the top or on the side of the cage.
The lights are on top of the cage I'll try to get some more vines,not sure if I can put the pothos horizontaly

The lights are on top of the cage I'll try to get some more vines,not sure if I can put the pothos horizontaly
More vines and branches and maybe some plant cover at the top since you can’t raise your pothos. Maybe stack up bricks or an upside down pot to raise it up?

Like @Brodybreaux25 said, chameleons are dry shedders and getting them all soaked with misting isn't going to do a whole lot, but you still want to be misting them and their cage regularly. Your best bet is to make sure the humidity is a little higher than normal just to make things a more comfortable.
Also, when my cham sheds, she sometimes wants to use the branches to rub her eyes and her head since she can't reach those spots. That's another reason to have more branches and vines with varying textures and diameters in the enclosure.

Where the pot is hanging is ok but if you take some of the dangling vines and wrap them into your upper branches you will get some much needed cover up there. Horizontal branches can be thumb tacked thru the screen into place.

Back
Top Bottom