My Chameleon Snowboard

Thought I'd share this with everyone :)
Everyone knows about the cham addiction: You get one and then you need more! Well, we don't really have the ability to get more than one so I've been obsessing in other ways. Besides doodling chams all over my notebooks, I did 2 of my final projects this semester with a chameleon theme. And now to top it off, my custom painted chameleon snowboard! This is my first time painting a snowboard so it's far from perfect, but I really like how it's turning out.

The first picture is a progress shot of my background pattern. By FAR the most time consuming part. All of those spirals are now painted silver.
The second is how it looks now. He still needs his eye finished and his tongue needs MAJOR touch up (already taped off, ready for paint in the morning). I'll post pics of the finish product soon!:D

Attachments

• Snowboard1.jpg
    Snowboard1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Snowboard2.jpg
    Snowboard2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 145
My stomp pad is actually a butterfly. It's the last thing that goes on but I'm so anxious to see it completely finished!

All finished! There's a few spots that aren't perfect but overall, I love the finished product. All that's left it to try it out!

Attachments

• ChamBoard01small.jpg
    ChamBoard01small.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 150
  • ChamBoard04.jpg
    ChamBoard04.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 114
Cool board graphic. Thanks for sharing!

What brand of board did you use for your project?

After seeing yours, i got the inspiration to post mine up. Not a cham themed board, but here it is anyway. I chose a forum manual 152 cm i had laying around because unlike many other boards, it has a flat topsheet, no gloss, so it's perfect for the paint to stick to. It's a jib board, with no metal edges, which provides for some wild riding out here on the "ice" coast.

Thanks again for sharing your design, and have fun getting your shred on with that cham board.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 115
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Cool board graphic. Thanks for sharing!

What brand of board did you use for your project?

After seeing yours, i got the inspiration to post mine up. Not a cham themed board, but here it is anyway. I chose a forum manual 152 cm i had laying around because unlike many other boards, it has a flat topsheet, no gloss, so it's perfect for the paint to stick to. It's a jib board, with no metal edges, which provides for some wild riding out here on the "ice" coast.

Thanks again for sharing your design, and have fun getting your shred on with that cham board.

How cool! The monsters remind me of that old game Number Munchers. I always liked those little guys =)

We are still VERY new for snowboarding but we wanted to keep going without spending $50 every time (and that's on a cheap day!). We found used rental boards at Galactic Snow Sports and only paid like $30 for them and they were the exact boards we had learned on. I can't remember the brand right now but it started with an "R" and the board was red and black with a volcano on it. We filled all the chips with epoxy and sanded all the gloss off so the paint would stick. It ended up being a great deal. Now we have a beginner snowboards but have the illusion of knowing what we're doing :D:D

Back
Top Bottom