My chameleon scares me...

AZcham new boy

Alrite guys, just wondering what u guys feed your chams, and how much?

My chameleon Keith has been on hunger strike for a while now. At first he ate absolutely everything, then he started only taking waxworms and grasshoppers. Now and for the past two or three weeks he's will only eat waxworms(super) and not more than two or three???

What can I do??? I know he won't eat everyday but he is barely eating atall, could he be Ill?

Any comments or help please?
Thanks again guys
Aaron...

You cant live in fear! ;)
Dont feed the supers, or mealworms. Just well gutloaded crickets, dubia somthing healthy. Supers are mostly fat and should be used as a treat. He will eventually eat again. Just being fussy probably, its fairly common. You may want to fill out the "how to ask for help form" and get some more info, and to check if he may be ill. They can go a week or more without food. Water is more important. ;)

Don't feed him for a few days and then introduce some crickets. He will eventually eat them. He will be holding out for the worms so it's important that you stand your ground and don't give in!

I assume from your profile that you live in UK where there is as in Norway, winter at this time of year.
It is perfectly normal for adult males to cut down on food intake during the cooler months. I feed my males only 2-3 times a week in the wintermonths.
You will see that the appetite will start to grow again as spring returns.
Take the larger chameleonspecies Calumma parsonii as an example, adult males in good health dont take food for 2 months during this season.

Ok I will let u no how I goes over the next couple of weeks.
Would the winter time affect his shedding, it seems to of been a little longer than usual.
Thanks for the advice and any more will help?
Aaron.

just make sure you keep him hydrated. try different types of food, roaches work great for me! horn worms and silk worms work well too!

Back
Top Bottom