My chameleon is wobbly and falling

pantherchammomma

I have a 2 1/2 year old male panther chameleon who has been healthy until recently. He started eating less and his balance was shaky. He was wobbling from side to side and falling off branches. His skin looked dull and has some white lines that aren’t normal colouring. His conditions and supplementation are stable and approved by our vet. He has seen the vet and has had bloodwork and X-rays that both came back normal. He’s been on antibiotics for 2 weeks for a skin infection and has one week to go with no improvement so far with his skin or balance. He seems to also have sensitivity and weakness in his front feet. He has has 5 subcutaneous fluid injections and we’ve been syringe feeding him Repashi Grub Pie to help him gain a little weight that he had lost. The vet doesn’t know what’s going on with him, other than the skin issue. If anyone has had any similar experiences with their chameleons, please let me know. We’re desperate to help the little guy and we’re worried. Any ideas would be so appreciated.

I have a 2 1/2 year old male panther chameleon who has been healthy until recently. He started eating less and his balance was shaky. He was wobbling from side to side and falling off branches. His skin looked dull and has some white lines that aren’t normal colouring. His conditions and supplementation are stable and approved by our vet. He has seen the vet and has had bloodwork and X-rays that both came back normal. He’s been on antibiotics for 2 weeks for a skin infection and has one week to go with no improvement so far with his skin or balance. He seems to also have sensitivity and weakness in his front feet. He has has 5 subcutaneous fluid injections and we’ve been syringe feeding him Repashi Grub Pie to help him gain a little weight that he had lost. The vet doesn’t know what’s going on with him, other than the skin issue. If anyone has had any similar experiences with their chameleons, please let me know. We’re desperate to help the little guy and we’re worried. Any ideas would be so appreciated.

Can you post photos of your chameleon and of the entire enclosure, including lights?

Do you think we can get an update??

srry i just lost my chameleon and im sad, but im also a bad chameleon owner so im not gonna put my input, but you should really listen to people like @Beman @MissSkittles and @AmandaS they really helped in my post lol, maybe you could check out that post and others for more help

Is this a vet that actually understands a Chameleons physiology, etc?
A lot of vets say that they "know" exotics. Then use outdated and harmful information to treat your animal.
I see this ALL of the time on a certain Tortoise forum I'm a member of.
This may or may not be the case here. But it seems to me that your vet isn't very good.

Back
Top Bottom